Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Lazard's grade is like talking about MVS last year. SOMEONE will be the #2-3-4 wr, get snaps and targets. No matter how bad they are that happens. The Packers WRs are getting reps because there is no one better to take them. Regardless of PFF scores, I don't think Lazard is a good enough #2 if you want to be a contender.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If James Washington and Alan Lazard switched places, you would be bitching about how we need to bring in a guy like Lazard.

Willie Snead has 339 yards this year and has played the entire year. Come on.

Renfrow has 49/600/4 over 16 games. Lazard has 35/480/3 over 11. Those are inherently comparable stats. 

You're the jackass making absolute statements like "Not even comparable" when comparing him to dudes like Hunter Renfrow's mediocre ***. 

You were given the opportunity to come up with a list. You listed what 13 that nobody's contesting? 19/32 is 58%?

Do you really feel like you're defeating Outpost's point with the argument, "Lazard isn't as good as 70% of #2 receivers, he's only as good as 58% of NFL receivers?"

The guy was cut in TC and NOBODY put a claim in for him. He's made strides, nobody is suggesting otherwise. I think he will be a very solid #3 next year. I want to bring in a free agent WR but that is just me. 

To say he's suddenly as good as 70% of the #2's in the league is laughable at this point. Let's get this straight, Lazard didn't play in those first five games because he was behind the other receivers, not because he was injured. He was on the practice squad for a few weeks if memory serves me correct. Also, I believe you suggested he was going to get cut from the 53 man roster as well.  He has a better passing QB than at least 70% of the QB's in the league, minimum. You are trying to trash James Washington's year and he had some guy. named Duck throwing the other guy who was worse than him. 

You've decided the rest of those guys you 'deemed' questionable in your number, are now fact. Put another way, you are the authority and everyone should bow to you. Guess what, you're not, but you go ahead and keep believing it! It must help you sleep at night. 

20 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Lazard's grade is like talking about MVS last year. SOMEONE will be the #2-3-4 wr, get snaps and targets. No matter how bad they are that happens. The Packers WRs are getting reps because there is no one better to take them. Regardless of PFF scores, I don't think Lazard is a good enough #2 if you want to be a contender.

Careful! The truth has no place in their world. They are the all knowing and we are supposed to bow to their every word! LOL

Thanks for the clarity of your response! It was spot on!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Golfman said:

The guy was cut in TC and NOBODY put a claim in for him. He's made strides, nobody is suggesting otherwise. I think he will be a very solid #3 next year. I want to bring in a free agent WR but that is just me. 

To say he's suddenly as good as 70% of the #2's in the league is laughable at this point. Let's get this straight, Lazard didn't play in those first five games because he was behind the other receivers, not because he was injured. He was on the practice squad for a few weeks if memory serves me correct. Also, I believe you suggested he was going to get cut from the 53 man roster as well.  He has a better passing QB than at least 70% of the QB's in the league, minimum. You are trying to trash James Washington's year and he had some guy. named Duck throwing the other guy who was worse than him. 

You've decided the rest of those guys you 'deemed' questionable in your number, are now fact. Put another way, you are the authority and everyone should bow to you. Guess what, you're not, but you go ahead and keep believing it! It must help you sleep at night. 

I was the one who backed up my point with evidence and statistical production.

You were the one who threw out a random *** list of names and declared "Unquestionable better". 

But I'm supposedly the one claiming ultimate authority. You're the one doing what your accusing me of but you're so wrapped up in your own sense of entitlement that you don't even see it.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I was the one who backed up my point with evidence and statistical production.

You were the one who threw out a random *** list of names and declared "Unquestionable better". 

But I'm supposedly the one claiming ultimate authority. You're the one doing what your accusing me of but you're so wrapped up in your own sense of entitlement that you don't even see it.

touchy touchy today. badger game hangover? 

Let's presume the GBPs are gonna draft a WR in the first two rounds of the upcoming draft.

Dont know its gonna happen,, but lets presume it will if for no other reason than it feels good to think so.

Would you (as GM) draft a Marquise Brown talent (1st round) or AJ Brown clone (2nd round).

AJ's got the numbers - but he lives in a more WR friendly environment than Marquise who takes second fiddle to a TE oriented offense and Mark Andrews.

Btw - and this may be the most important part of this comment - which one of these guy is "Hollywood Brown?" I never nailed that fact when they were drafted so I get them confused.

Btw #2 - which of these Browns (if any.....) would you take over Lazard?

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

This was the primary issue last year when MVS got so many snaps because the cupboard was literally bare once Cobb and Allison started going down with injuries. MVS played a lot, naturally caught some passes and put up some decent rookie stats due to the volume of opportunity...because there were no other options. Problem is, people ran with this and decided MVS was the next big thing because he was forced into a starting role due to injury and fans collectively crowned him as the No. 2 WR entering this year. Now we're at season's end and the blinders have been removed. Currently MVS is playing the role he should have been playing the last two years....being your No. 4/deep threat guy. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This was the primary issue last year when MVS got so many snaps because the cupboard was literally bare once Cobb and Allison started going down with injuries. MVS played a lot, naturally caught some passes and put up some decent rookie stats due to the volume of opportunity...because there were no other options. Problem is, people ran with this and decided MVS was the next big thing because he was forced into a starting role due to injury and fans collectively crowned him as the No. 2 WR entering this year. Now we're at season's end and the blinders have been removed. Currently MVS is playing the role he should have been playing the last two years....being your No. 4/deep threat guy. 

Disagree, MVS is grossly underutilized in this offense. We're penalizing a receiver because our QB sucks at a primary aspect of his job.

I like Lazard and think he's done a great job stepping up when others faltered.  Still though, I think he's more or less JAG material.  He doesn't have very good natural hands, doesn't separate all that well, not fast by any means, and doesn't show great football awareness all the time.  We'd be making a huge mistake if we counted on him to be a #2 moving forward.  He's probably more of a #3 or #4 than anything.  I think he has a place beyond this year, but not as a starter.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Disagree, MVS is grossly underutilized in this offense. We're penalizing a receiver because our QB sucks at a primary aspect of his job.

With MVS, I've yet to see a guy who can run a route tree other than a go or a post 40 yards down field. I agree we probably could use him more creatively with jet sweeps, WR screens and maybe some more crossers (see Raiders game), but instead he's basically been phased out given his limitations. If that's anyone's "fault" it's probably LaFleur, not 12. Dare I say, I think MVS is more "gadget" versus "complete" in terms of a WR.