Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

This led me seeing that Cliff Christl being the guy chosen to be the Packer's historian and help tell the 100 year story and I finally realized the possible source of Bob McBinn's butthurtness. He wanted to do it ;)

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Cliff-Christl-joining-Packers-packerscom-as-historian/127adf41-80da-43c7-9c19-1178ca63b307 

1 minute ago, ArthurPensky said:

This led me seeing that Cliff Christl being the guy chosen to be the Packer's historian and help tell the 100 year story and I finally realized the possible source of Bob McBinn's butthurtness. He wanted to do it ;)

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Cliff-Christl-joining-Packers-packerscom-as-historian/127adf41-80da-43c7-9c19-1178ca63b307 

He left just as Ted left. He probably could have had Brian as his BFF like Ron was. Poor guy.

"White, who famously said God helped guide him to Green Bay, opened the door for other big-name players to come to a place previously viewed as an undesirable NFL landing spot. Sean Jones, Keith Jackson and Andre Rison – all key cogs in the team’s Super Bowl run – were players specifically mentioned by a Sports Illustrated article looking back on White's legacy.

“Before that decision guys would say, ‘If Green Bay drafts me, I don’t want to go.’ It was Siberia,” said Jackson. “But Reggie White saw something different about it. … Reggie saw all these positives about Green Bay that nobody really knew about. He saw it as an opportunity to go somewhere where the people are super fans. And when you lose a game, there’s nobody screaming at you saying you’re a bum. The media is reporting the facts and not trying to create a controversy. It was actually an oasis to play football, and you really concentrated on being a football player.”

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/04/09/twenty-five-years-later-packers-still-reaping-ripple-benefits-signing-reggie-white/498655002/

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

"White, who famously said God helped guide him to Green Bay, opened the door for other big-name players to come to a place previously viewed as an undesirable NFL landing spot. Sean Jones, Keith Jackson and Andre Rison – all key cogs in the team’s Super Bowl run – were players specifically mentioned by a Sports Illustrated article looking back on White's legacy.

“Before that decision guys would say, ‘If Green Bay drafts me, I don’t want to go.’ It was Siberia,” said Jackson. “But Reggie White saw something different about it. … Reggie saw all these positives about Green Bay that nobody really knew about. He saw it as an opportunity to go somewhere where the people are super fans. And when you lose a game, there’s nobody screaming at you saying you’re a bum. The media is reporting the facts and not trying to create a controversy. It was actually an oasis to play football, and you really concentrated on being a football player.”

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/04/09/twenty-five-years-later-packers-still-reaping-ripple-benefits-signing-reggie-white/498655002/

The Packers need to be putting that quote on one of their walls, and walk every FA visitor past it. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't want a Primetime game to start the season.  We suck so, so, so, so badly during Primetime games against anything resembling a good team. 

"And on the opener of that 100th seasons the tides did change for Green Bay!" 

There's your opener for the the commemorative clip played in the HOF. ;):D

36 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I don't want a Primetime game to start the season.  We suck so, so, so, so badly during Primetime games against anything resembling a good team. 

since its 100 years, they are going to do packers v bears at gb

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Good news is at the start of the season the PackIRs usually only have a handful of devastating injuries as opposed to half the roster being dead by week 7-8.

Edited by ArthurPensky