Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

So we have him for two years and then can franchise him if need be or franchise him for two years (Till hes 38) or franchise and trade him for a kings ransom. Unfortunately for Aaron and fortunately for the Packers they have all the leverage in this situation. 

I'm of the strong opinion that as soon as you start letting the players dictate the direction of the franchise your in trouble. 

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Fake news I'm guessing. I highly doubt a true source close to Aaron would ever leak something that would make him look bad in the public eye. Guy cut out his own family, no one who he has a relationship with is safe from getting cut out of his life haha. I'm sure losing two guys he considered close friends frustrated him, that's human nature. Don't see the big deal. If we win he'll be over it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

That story doesn't seem to have much new information.  Giving players input on personnel decisions seems to be a bad idea and precedent to set.  I'm ok with letting Rodgers know about releases before they go public, but asking permission to cut a player can't happen.

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Because it's another notch in the truth that people don't want to believe peg?  Rodgers is a diva.  ;)

He didn't really say much, aside from the " passive agressive" stuff mentioned in the article.

Expect his extension to be announced now that this story came out. :P

Edited by ArthurPensky