WR Geronimo Allison
OT Jason Spriggs
DB Ibraheim Campbell

Unsigned:
CB Tramon Williams
OT Jared Veldheer
WR Ryan Grant
FB Malcolm Johnson

Peter Bukowski -  John Lynch told Peter King they had CeeDee Lamb and Brandon Aiyuk rated about the same and they'd have taken him at 13 if things went nuts in front of them. Said they went to 25 assuming Minnesota didn't want to take another WR. That jumped Green Bay.

Bucky Brooks - Never too early to get the next franchise QB

The Green Bay Packers have been perennial contenders over the past three decades due to their stability at the quarterback position. The team transitioned from Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers without skipping a beat, with a pair of Super Bowl wins, 13 division titles and 20 playoff berths with No. 4 or No. 12 at the helm.

Although the hand off from a three-time MVP to a young quarterback who emerged as a two-time MVP himself was viewed as controversial at the time, it's hard to dispute the results now. With that in mind, I can't understand why the football world is miffed by the team's decision to use a first-round pick on Utah State quarterback Jordan Love.

Sure, the move prevented the team from theoretically adding another offensive weapon to the mix in the short term, but the quarterback is the most impactful position in the game (and probably in pro sports). And bringing in a young passer to learn behind one of the best to ever do it gives the Packers an opportunity to extend their championship window deep into the 2020s.

• Ron Wolf: "I just think the quarterback position is so important that you can never not address it if you think you have an opportunity to take a player that can play in the league."

Considering Love's athleticism, arm talent and playmaking ability compared to the aforementioned QB1s, the Packers could have a Super Bowl-caliber quarterback in place to carry them through the next decade.

The Love pick might not rank as a popular one at the moment, but adding a young franchise quarterback to the roster paid huge dividends in Green Bay before. It could happen again with the Utah State product in place as the heir apparent.

28 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bucky Brooks - Never too early to get the next franchise QB

The Green Bay Packers have been perennial contenders over the past three decades due to their stability at the quarterback position. The team transitioned from Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers without skipping a beat, with a pair of Super Bowl wins, 13 division titles and 20 playoff berths with No. 4 or No. 12 at the helm.

Although the hand off from a three-time MVP to a young quarterback who emerged as a two-time MVP himself was viewed as controversial at the time, it's hard to dispute the results now. With that in mind, I can't understand why the football world is miffed by the team's decision to use a first-round pick on Utah State quarterback Jordan Love.

Sure, the move prevented the team from theoretically adding another offensive weapon to the mix in the short term, but the quarterback is the most impactful position in the game (and probably in pro sports). And bringing in a young passer to learn behind one of the best to ever do it gives the Packers an opportunity to extend their championship window deep into the 2020s.

• Ron Wolf: "I just think the quarterback position is so important that you can never not address it if you think you have an opportunity to take a player that can play in the league."

Considering Love's athleticism, arm talent and playmaking ability compared to the aforementioned QB1s, the Packers could have a Super Bowl-caliber quarterback in place to carry them through the next decade.

The Love pick might not rank as a popular one at the moment, but adding a young franchise quarterback to the roster paid huge dividends in Green Bay before. It could happen again with the Utah State product in place as the heir apparent.

I like Becky’s optimism, but I’ve seen him and a few others refer to Love as a franchise QB.  I’m not ready to ordain him as “franchise QB” yet, and that’s no disrespect to him.

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

I like Becky’s optimism, but I’ve seen him and a few others refer to Love as a franchise QB.  I’m not ready to ordain him as “franchise QB” yet, and that’s no disrespect to him.

Oh yeah you're dissing him. You're dissing him BIG TIME.....
You called him Becky :)

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 3:25 PM, Shanedorf said:

This one is on me.
I saw Daniels walking off the field in Detroit last year and said "he looked old, fat and all done with the NFL"

Sorry Mike !
If you want to talk about it further, you can find me on a barstool in South Dakota . Just ask for Norm

You bastards need to stop reminding me that the bars are all closed still.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

Look at the positive side.....
At least nobody else is sitting in your stool.....yet :)

I actually was in there Thursday to get beer to go, all the stools were mine. I didn't want to leave.

When they open again, I'm sure it will happen daily as everyone local wants to be out for something to do. Sounds like they're getting close, I guess..

Edited by Norm

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Amen.

I feel like that trade stuff around him is BS tbh

Also I'm glad to see you back in trade mode now that the picks are a year away lol

Edited by Norm

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I feel like that trade stuff around him is BS tbh

Also I'm glad to see you back in trade mode now that the picks are a year away lol

All depends on if he's in the Panthers' future plans. If not, he's available. I want this type of player in our offense. 

8 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

All depends on if he's in the Panthers' future plans. If not, he's available. I want this type of player in our offense. 

Oh no doubt, me too. I just don't think it's real. I don't know why'd they want to give him away now and the draft just came and went and they didn't do it..

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I don't know of anyone on this board that IS ready to ordain him.

Perhaps you didn't really read my post.  I was referring to Bucky, the dude who wrote the article that I was referencing, and a few other writers who've referred to Love as a "franchise QB".