Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

31 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

You don’t trade first rounders with your division rivals to take a WR. Love was the guy.

Who said anything about trading with a division rival? The trade was with Miami. We were never going to trade with the Vikings. 

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

Because you were saying you don’t know who we’d take if we traded with Minny???

Must have gotten lost in translation. Trading with MN was never a realistic option. The only realistic option was trading with Miami at 26, any higher would have cost us our 3rd round pick, which I would not have traded for anyone. That opened the door for SF, who had better draft capital to part with and a non-division team to trade with at 25. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Who said anything about trading with a division rival? The trade was with Miami. We were never going to trade with the Vikings. 

They traded down with the Vikings on draft day in 2008.  The Vikings then drafted QB John David Booty.

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Too bad that Miami didn't hang up .. we probably would habe got Love at #30 and had another player to talk about.

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We called them to move up. Very well could've happened.

MIN swapped draft slots with CHI twice.
First round may have been unusual for them to do.....but apparently, they're not adverse from dealing with division foes.

8 hours ago, Leader said:

Now there's a T-shirt for ya: "I love me some Love"

Think I'll trademark it :)

Nice!

I don’t know you that well. You going with Green and Gold and the number 10...

...or more of a bronies/Hello Kitty theme?

8 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Nice! I don’t know you that well. You going with Green and Gold and the number 10...

...or more of a bronies/Hello Kitty theme?

I've not delved into the design features just yet....but I'm targeting the women's market.

What Packer fan wouldnt want his Packer fan GF wearing a stylish T that says: "I love me some Love"

It's a moneymaker (cha-ching!) :)

So DT Trayvon Hester was picked up. Drafted in the 7th by the Raiders. Scouting report suggests that his promise as a one gap DT is dinged by technique and effort issues.

Quick take: He might not want to sign a one year lease on an apartment.