Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I actually believe this. I said all along I thought after Jefferson went at 22, the Packers were looking at Aiyuk and Love as their last 2 1st round guys. I'm guessing we would have went with Aiyuk over Love, but we were between a rock and a hard place because trading up to 24 would have certainly cost us a 3rd round pick, which was too much. Minnesota wasn't going to trade with us at 25 and plus the Niners would have had a better offer anyways because they had better draft capital. They gave MIN a 4th and a 5th rounder and the 4th was pick 117, which was 19 slots better than our 4th rounder (136). 

Thus, if we wanted Aiyuk, it was going to cost us our 3rd round pick, no other way around it. 

59 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I actually believe this. I said all along I thought after Jefferson went at 22, the Packers were looking at Aiyuk and Love as their last 2 1st round guys. I'm guessing we would have went with Aiyuk over Love, but we were between a rock and a hard place because trading up to 24 would have certainly cost us a 3rd round pick, which was too much. Minnesota wasn't going to trade with us at 25 and plus the Niners would have had a better offer anyways because they had better draft capital. They gave MIN a 4th and a 5th rounder and the 4th was pick 117, which was 19 slots better than our 4th rounder (136). 

Thus, if we wanted Aiyuk, it was going to cost us our 3rd round pick, no other way around it. 

Or MLF intentionially leaked it to the wife, went down the grapevine they picked it up. SMOKE SCREEN! After Jefferson goes we got the guy we wanted all along.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I think the 49ers heard we were looking to move up, assumed it was for a WR and made the move to get ahead of us knowing the Vikings probably weren't trading with the Packers.

Had we traded with the Vikings, the pick would've been Jordan Love. We weren't moving up for Brandon Aiyuk. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Or MLF intentionially leaked it to the wife, went down the grapevine they picked it up. SMOKE SCREEN! After Jefferson goes we got the guy we wanted all along.

I mean could be, but let's be real. Aiyuk checked every box for the type of guy GB would love. He was far and away the most "predicted" pick for the Packers going into the draft. I'd bet a lot of money that he and Love were the last two 1st round grades on Gute's board. Now whether Love or Aiyuk was higher on the board is another story and up for debate. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think the 49ers heard we were looking to move up, assumed it was for a WR and made the move to get ahead of us knowing the Vikings probably weren't trading with the Packers.

Had we traded with the Vikings, the pick would've been Jordan Love. We weren't moving up for Brandon Aiyuk. 

This is impossible to know one way or the other. I take the Niners' statement "we knew the Packers"wanted Aiyuk" with the same grain of salt I take Gute saying, "Love was our guy all along." 

• Like 1

Just now, packfanfb said:

I mean could be, but let's be real. Aiyuk checked every box for the type of guy GB would love. He was far and away the most "predicted" pick for the Packers going into the draft. I'd bet a lot of money that he and Love were the last two 1st round grades on Gute's board. Now whether Love or Aiyuk was higher on the board is another story and up for debate. 

I mean it's all a soap opera of he said she said. We think they think. In a time where misinformation is king. Who knows whats real and whats not. 

Hopefully he bombs for four years and then we bring him and and he does fantastic things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is impossible to know one way or the other. I take the Niners' statement "we knew the Packers"wanted Aiyuk" with the same grain of salt I take Gute saying, "Love was our guy all along." 

Javon Walker was the last WR we took round 1, and we were suddenly going to trade up for one? Don't see it. We duped the 49ers into trading up by accident. They assumed our trade up was for a WR because no one except for Gute and LaFleur knew we loved us some Love. 

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Javon Walker was the last WR we took round 1, and we were suddenly going to trade up for one? Don't see it. We duped the 49ers into trading up by accident. They assumed our trade up was for a WR because no one except for Gute and LaFleur knew we loved us some Love. 

Now there's a T-shirt for ya: "I love me some Love"

Think I'll trademark it :)

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean Gute was quoted saying he "couldn't get up far enough" in the 1st to take of the top WRs. So unless that's just BS, he didn't have a problem getting a WR in round 1 if he liked him. Going back to Javon Walker would say more if Gute was the GM the last 15 years. He's got some Ted in him, but he's also not Ted in a lot of ways. Maybe the Packers had Love higher than Aiyuk but I'm fairly confident that if, hypothetically the Saints took Love at 24, Gute would have did the same trade with Miami for 26 if Aiyuk was on the board. 

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You don’t trade first rounders with your division rivals to take a WR. Love was the guy.