Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're telling me you don't like video clips that were taken by pointing a cell phone video recorder at a TV?

It's actually MORE work that way than correctly. It makes no sense. All I see is glare. My gosh, he could watch a 5 min YT video and learn how to do it better.

At least he keeps the phone stable, I guess.

Do people not complain and tell him how to do it...that's what I don't get. Just do it right, you have to know by now this sucks.

Edited by NormSizedMidget

16 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I seriously still need to contact this guy and show him how to make his clips that don't look like they were designed for dial up

Well - my read is that he's a nice guy and conversant. So, I see no reason he wouldnt consider your advices.

22 hours ago, MathMan said:

im hoping we sign Dez Bryant for a 1 year deal 

do we have money for that?

Adams - Cobb - Bryant - Allison - Moore - Davis

with graham as TE.

Looks right to me.

Hopefully there is no money for that even if he's free.

On 5/11/2018 at 9:02 AM, MathMan said:

im hoping we sign Dez Bryant for a 1 year deal 

do we have money for that?

Adams - Cobb - Bryant - Allison - Moore - Davis

with graham as TE.

Looks right to me.

The Dez thing will be a difficult one. I'd say unless Allison bombs he's pretty much a lock to make the team. Aaron really likes him and he's made some big time catches with Aaron in there.

That leaves you Adams, Dez, Cobb and Allison. Moore as a 4th is pretty close to a lock too.

Now you have one spot for Yancey, Clark, MVS, ESB, Davis. What if a couple of those guys look like studs and you have to cut them in favor of one year of Dez?

My opinion, with what Graham and Cobb are being paid I want them as focal points in the offense. Davante sure as hell better be a focal point, like double digit target per game focal point. Our #2 outside WR might be our #4 in targets. For that reason I'm pretty comfortable having it be a rotation of Moore, Allison and the best of the rest.

If you're weak down the middle at TE and slot, it can kill your outside guys. If you're weaker at one outside position, it doesn't really hurt you much. Not like you can shift outside coverage to the seams. If anything that #2 guy will have the most favorable matchups every week and that might be a great way for Moore, ESB and MVS to grow into contributors. You aren't going to need a ton out of #2. Especially if Mac gets Monty and Jones involved in space some more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

The Dez thing will be a difficult one. I'd say unless Allison bombs he's pretty much a lock to make the team. Aaron really likes him and he's made some big time catches with Aaron in there.

That leaves you Adams, Dez, Cobb and Allison. Moore as a 4th is pretty close to a lock too.

Now you have one spot for Yancey, Clark, MVS, ESB, Davis. What if a couple of those guys look like studs and you have to cut them in favor of one year of Dez?

My opinion, with what Graham and Cobb are being paid I want them as focal points in the offense. Davante sure as hell better be a focal point, like double digit target per game focal point. Our #2 outside WR might be our #4 in targets. For that reason I'm pretty comfortable having it be a rotation of Moore, Allison and the best of the rest.

If you're weak down the middle at TE and slot, it can kill your outside guys. If you're weaker at one outside position, it doesn't really hurt you much. Not like you can shift outside coverage to the seams. If anything that #2 guy will have the most favorable matchups every week and that might be a great way for Moore, ESB and MVS to grow into contributors. You aren't going to need a ton out of #2. Especially if Mac gets Monty and Jones involved in space some more.

What if the far more likely event happens and....they don't. 

Also, enough with the Allison as a No. 3 bs. Guy makes 95% of his grabs during the scramble drill. I thought the idea in changing the offense was to minimize that, not increase it...

Not sure why you'd roll the dice on this in 2018 with 12 at QB. Seems idiotic.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

My thoughts as well.  As much as I'd like Dez on a 1 year deal, I don't think the Packers feel the same way.  I think there's a reasonable level of comfort with Geronimo Allison even if fans don't.  And if the Packers did sign Dez, I don't think there's enough upside to justify keeping Geronimo over any of their draft picks and he doesn't offer any real ST value that I'm aware of.  So your top 3 whether or not you like it is going to be Adams, Cobb, and Allison to start the season.  J'Mon Moore is a roster lock, but I'm not sure he's the #4 lock that you seem to think he is.  IF the order of WRs drafted was different, I don't think you'd be making that same argument.  He certainly has the inside track, but I'd be leery about saying he's a close lock.  Those last two spots likely come down to MVS, ESB, and Davis.  Clark and Yancey don't offer ST value, and they don't have the "newness" that is attached to draft picks.  Quite frankly, I think Michael Clark is just a player fans are pimping a little too hard.  I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not really expecting anything from him.  Yancey did nothing last preseason, so I'm not expecting anything out of him.  Definitely felt like Malachi Dupre had more to offer.  I think the bigger question is do the Packers run Jaire Alexander back at PR.  IF they opt to do that, then that hurts Trevor Davis' likelihood of making the opening 53.

If I had to guess, I'd say Adams, Cobb, Allison, Moore, ESB/MVS, and Davis are our top 6 WRs.

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

What if the far more likely event happens and....they don't. 

Also, enough with the Allison as a No. 3 bs. Guy makes 95% of his grabs during the scramble drill. I thought the idea in changing the offense was to minimize that, not increase it...

Not sure why you'd roll the dice on this in 2018 with 12 at QB. Seems idiotic.

Because throwing a TON of a money at an aging WR with a HUGE ego seems like the best plan of logic.

Just now, CWood21 said:

Because throwing a TON of a money at an aging WR with a HUGE ego seems like the best plan of logic.

He's 29. You're buying him for 1 year. You're probably not spending much more than Jordy on a reduced K because he isn't going to get a big deal, at least not a guaranteed one. That's why he's sitting out there. If he comes in and has 65-800-10 with Rodgers, while also attracting coverage away from Davante and the guys in the middle (which he would) I'll gladly pay him some incentives and bonuses. 

I fail to see the risk. The whole ego thing is true but overblown with Dez. The guy busted his *** with Dallas and was unstopable with Romo. 

Moreover it doesn't have to be Dez. He's the best option, but I'd take Maclin too. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

He's 29. You're buying him for 1 year. You're probably not spending much more than Jordy on a reduced K because he isn't going to get a big deal, at least not a guaranteed one. That's why he's sitting out there. If he comes in and has 65-800-10 with Rodgers, while also attracting coverage away from Davante and the guys in the middle (which he would) I'll gladly pay him some incentives and bonuses. 

I fail to see the risk. The whole ego thing is true but overblown with Dez. The guy busted his *** with Dallas and was unstopable with Romo. 

Moreover it doesn't have to be Dez. He's the best option, but I'd take Maclin too. 

He's a shell of his former self.  Ever since he hurt his foot, he's been average at best.  He went from being a consistent 90/1300/12 threat to being 60/800/6.  He's not the receiver he was.  You're assuming he's willing to come here on an incentive-based deal.  I don't think that's remotely realistic.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's a shell of his former self.  Ever since he hurt his foot, he's been average at best.  He went from being a consistent 90/1300/12 threat to being 60/800/6.  He's not the receiver he was.  You're assuming he's willing to come here on an incentive-based deal.  I don't think that's remotely realistic.

I'm not assuming he'll come here on an incentive-based deal, I'm hoping he would if he knows what's good for him. Personally, I don't buy the jazz out there that Dez wouldn't come here, it is by far his best fit if he wants one more run at a bigger K next year. GB needs a No. 2 guy and he would get to play with Rodgers. As guys like Jennings, Jones, Cobb and soon to find out, Jordy know, playing with ARod is very good for a WRs career. IMO, the only reason why Dez wouldn't end up in GB will be if GB never looks his way at all, which is probably what is going to happen. I just think that's a major mistake. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

I'm not assuming he'll come here on an incentive-based deal, I'm hoping he would if he knows what's good for him. Personally, I don't buy the jazz out there that Dez wouldn't come here, it is by far his best fit if he wants one more run at a bigger K next year. GB needs a No. 2 guy and he would get to play with Rodgers. As guys like Jennings, Jones, Cobb and soon to find out, Jordy know, playing with ARod is very good for a WRs career. IMO, the only reason why Dez wouldn't end up in GB will be if GB never looks his way at all, which is probably what is going to happen. I just think that's a major mistake. 

He's pretty much already said that he didn't think he'd be coming to Green Bay, so despite it probably being the best situation for everyone I wouldn't get your hopes up.  Unless you have something more concrete, I think you have to take his word for it.  I think both sides have little interest in a union.  Green Bay doesn't want his personality, Dez doesn't want to come to Green Bay.

5 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

One of Scantling/Davis should make the team as the ST ace.

agree with Ray. Said it a few weeks ago, lot of signs there that the staff likes Allison more than we do.

So we cut Jordy without trying to negotiate a return on a smaller K because we wanted Geronimo Allison to replace him? Yikes...