Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, cannondale said:

I most humbly request your apology if I interpreted 9-12 months as 9-12 months incorrectly

I'll never understand why people are so hesitant to educate themselves. It's so easy today with the info available with 10 seconds of effort.

Stay married to your flawed, initial understanding. I don't care. Not worth .y time and effort.

Good luck.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Google Bakhtiari injury timeline. And LIS, regardless, Wagner is likely retiring so RT is a need at some point 

14 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I'm just going off the numerous reports following the injury

so no source, got it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

so no source, got it

I don't have to do the legwork. My memory is solid. The need at OT is pretty obvious regardless. No it ain't sexy, but I assume by your need to disregard it, you want some 5'-6" guy to run orbit motions 4 times a game ?? I'll stick with OT

The very first google hit

https://www.hss.edu/playbook/acl-injuries-football-players/#:~:text=The recovery time until return,with changing of directions suddenly.

I would list the numerous articles specific to the Bakhtiari injury, but what's the point ?? They all say 9-12. Whether it be to spell Bak if his recovery has a setback or start at RT - the need is there. Plain and simple. 

Edited by cannondale

21 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I don't have to do the legwork. My memory is solid. The need at OT is pretty obvious regardless. No it ain't sexy, but I assume by your need to disregard it, you want some 5'-6" guy to run orbit motions 4 times a game ?? I'll stick with OT

You have no idea what I want in draft picks. And by this post, it appears you don't care to consider consider other view points.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The very first google hit

https://www.hss.edu/playbook/acl-injuries-football-players/#:~:text=The recovery time until return,with changing of directions suddenly.

I would list the numerous articles specific to the Bakhtiari injury, but what's the point ?? They all say 9-12. Whether it be to spell Bak if his recovery has a setback or start at RT - the need is there. Plain and simple. 

So a blog post vs a peer reviewed article. Got it.

From your source....

"The recovery time until return to play is usually in the range of nine months but can be longer or shorter. Interestingly, ACL injuries and football players often occur without contact, only with changing of directions suddenly."

Edited by squire12

37 minutes ago, squire12 said:

So your memory is solid and you won't consider other viewpoints on the topic that are even posting peer reviewed research articles on the topic.

Got it.

You don't want me to consider, you want me to say Bak will be in the starting lineup Day 1. I don't believe he will. That's a viewpoint. There are many that share that viewpoint. Could he possibly be at the top end of recovery time ?? Sure. Is it worth risking Rodgers collarbones ? No. At age 29, and with the Packers conservative medical staff, and to protect the massive monetary investment, could Bak be looking at September - November ?? Absolutely. You don't want to hear that viewpoint. And you continue to ignore that there is a need at RT as well

Edited by cannondale