Weightlifting & Fitness - Everything old is new again!

fretgod99

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I hear ya.

Got around to weighing myself today and it looks like the holiday cheer cost me about 5 lbs. Well worth it though.

5lbs isn't too bad. I reckon you got away with that, considering there was undoubtedly beer, chocolate and many days of excessive cal consumption

55 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

5lbs isn't too bad. I reckon you got away with that, considering there was undoubtedly beer, chocolate and many days of excessive cal consumption

Nah, not too bad.

The sht show started on 12/6 (birthday) and ended NYE.  I’d say 2-3 days per week during that time I was “good”, ate decent and worked out (kinda), but for the most part I was a bottomless pit.  Beer, booze, sweets, bbq, you name it.

• Like 1

Started body weight exercises about a week ago. I'm trying to commit myself to it, I'm skinny so I'm trying to actively eat more and gain weight.

At about 130 now(im5'7) so i set a goal at about 165-170 for the end of the year. Me and the ex used to talk about it but now that were broken up I feel even more motivated now lol. 

I switched to a PHUL routine for the new year. Liked the way it worked for the first week but I'm wondering if how strict the day orders are meant to be? I couldn't find anything on it but based on the routines other regulars at my gym do, I think I'd have a better time doing it PHLU instead, if you know what I mean. Is there any reason I shouldn't do it like that?

18 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I switched to a PHUL routine for the new year. Liked the way it worked for the first week but I'm wondering if how strict the day orders are meant to be? I couldn't find anything on it but based on the routines other regulars at my gym do, I think I'd have a better time doing it PHLU instead, if you know what I mean. Is there any reason I shouldn't do it like that?

No.  Most people that do upper/lower splits do upper first, because lower is more taxing on the body.  It can be difficult to do a heavy upper day, the day after a heavy lower day, if you're not adapted to doing that.  Most programs will have their scheduled rest days after your lower body days vs your upper body days.  I do lower first, because 1. I like to be fresh, and 2. it allows me to miss the crowd for international chest day.  While everyone is battling over benches, I get free reigns on the squat racks, and vice versa.  The clearest weekdays to squat and deadlift in most gyms always seem to be Mondays and Fridays.