Eliot Wolf New Asst. GM - GB Reunion in Cleveland

Mind Character

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I will go out on the tundra before I go into the home.

If I can find the tundra, that is. ;)

Until you forget youre going to the tundra and wander back. Or they lure you back with Jello; old people flock to Jello like moths to the flame.

1 hour ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

This is just my opinion. And I’m a Browns fan. I think the best move for him would be to join Dorsey and Highsmith here. The potential is here for a quick turnaround and he would be part of it and could associate with it. Thus, his future GM stock would go up. And, if said turnaround doesn’t happen as planned, he is kind of insulated by layers of ex-Packers to cushion the blow.

If he were to go to Oakland, it’s going to be all Gruden, win, lose, or draw. Not much room to make much of a mark. 

completely agree. So much less pressure. Come to Cleveland and the first year you could draft 6 guys in the first 60picks or something like that and could drop around a large amount of money on free agents.You go to the raiders and you dont win more than 6 games next year,  there will be some finger pointing. If you come to Cleveland and win 6 games next year, you are going to look like Jesuit Christ and his disciples. analogy I once heard when I was trying to be persuaded to coach at a program that has been bad for years. This HC told me he viewed his program as baby. If someone hands you a crying baby and you get it to stop crying, they look at you like you are someone with the magic touch. If you are handed a crying baby and it doesnt stop crying, baby is viewed as fussy, sleepy, hungry, or whatever, its something with the baby and not yourself. Now if you are handed a sleepy/happy baby and it stays happy and sleepy baby, you get no credit for anything. If you are handed a sleepy/happy baby and it starts crying, oh man the looks you get and the names you are called. This HC than talked about how this program is the crying baby and all this stuff but it was a very good analogy. Right now, the Browns are the crying baby, and we fans are the sleepless parents going on 3 hours of sleep over the past 2 years. If they can come in and put this baby to sleep, they will be viewed as immortals/gods. You go to the Raiders and with the talent they have, they are the baby that just needs a good burp and is very sleepy. You put that baby to sleep, go for you but no one is going to be truly excited about it but man if that baby spits up and gets upset, its going to make the people around the baby upset.

C'mon Wolf, come help put this baby to sleep!

32 minutes ago, buno67 said:

completely agree. So much less pressure. Come to Cleveland and the first year you could draft 6 guys in the first 60picks or something like that and could drop around a large amount of money on free agents.You go to the raiders and you dont win more than 6 games next year,  there will be some finger pointing. If you come to Cleveland and win 6 games next year, you are going to look like Jesuit Christ and his disciples. analogy I once heard when I was trying to be persuaded to coach at a program that has been bad for years. This HC told me he viewed his program as baby. If someone hands you a crying baby and you get it to stop crying, they look at you like you are someone with the magic touch. If you are handed a crying baby and it doesnt stop crying, baby is viewed as fussy, sleepy, hungry, or whatever, its something with the baby and not yourself. Now if you are handed a sleepy/happy baby and it stays happy and sleepy baby, you get no credit for anything. If you are handed a sleepy/happy baby and it starts crying, oh man the looks you get and the names you are called. This HC than talked about how this program is the crying baby and all this stuff but it was a very good analogy. Right now, the Browns are the crying baby, and we fans are the sleepless parents going on 3 hours of sleep over the past 2 years. If they can come in and put this baby to sleep, they will be viewed as immortals/gods. You go to the Raiders and with the talent they have, they are the baby that just needs a good burp and is very sleepy. You put that baby to sleep, go for you but no one is going to be truly excited about it but man if that baby spits up and gets upset, its going to make the people around the baby upset.

C'mon Wolf, come help put this baby to sleep!

I put a dog to sleep once. Boy, his owner was not happy. We talking about the same thing?

Can someone give me a quick summary of why this is a great thing? I know his father was instrumental in Brett Favre going to the Packers but I know little else.

The only thing I do know is that the team he has come from have not been good drafters for a while and have done an insufficient job of surrounding Rodgers with a championship team.

How much did he have to do with that?

Archived