Eliot Wolf New Asst. GM - GB Reunion in Cleveland

Mind Character

22 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

After all, remember, nobody else could have done this job!

Lol...facts...

Classic gaslighting of the already pissed off fan base with that one.

When I heard that...I just imagined Adam the Bull going nuts yelling at the beginning of his radio show or Golhammer starting his show with some epic depressed Browns fan stuff.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Happy for you guys, Dorsey, Highsmith, Wolf should really turn you guys around. You guys deserve it.

What do you think of Pettine as our DC? 

You'd probably be better off asking Bills or Jets fans what they think of Pettine as a DC.

He had old players here at the end of their run (Karlos Dansby, Donte Whitner, Randy Starks, Tramon Williams Paul Kruger) types.

We didn't like the competence of the Coordinator he hired: Jim O'Neal who will be your LBs coach and Pettine's right hand man.... we didn't like them because our team and defense stunk. CBs got beat in man to man. Run defense was atrocious despite constant preaching of 34 run fit this and 34 run fit that.

Pettine took over play calls to no avail. How much was it attributable to talent deficiency versus playcalling...who knows as that's the grand chicken or the egg question.

By all accounts he was organized and players fought for him. For his defense to thrive, you have to have strong boundary CBs or you'll get exposed for which we never really had b/c Haden was hurt and Tramon Williams was meh to garbage here.

His pressure and blitz packages under disguise always looked good even when we didn't have the personnel to get home.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Happy for you guys, Dorsey, Highsmith, Wolf should really turn you guys around. You guys deserve it.

Honestly with the draft capital and cap space Sashi left us with, I think most of us on this forum could turn it around.

Get ready for the 'good ole' boys club to start patting themselves on the back and saying see analytics doesnt work after finishing out Sashis strategy

And Pettine was okay as a DC. Unfortunately we had bad players for the scheme

5 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Hue isn’t going to be able to throw this Front office group under the bus

Here is the thing. Sashi and Paul only knew the PROCESS. Hue knew the talk. Haslam really doesn’t know either one. He’s never coached and he’s never run an NFL front office. And I believe that Hue, with his many more years of football experience, could talk to Haslam in a way that Haslam could understand (lack of results due to lack of talent, etc., or whatever he told him-it doesn’t matter). 

That won’t happen again because Dorsey, Wolf and Highsmith know what the deal is. So Hue won’t be able to fall back on that old philosophy of, “lf you can’t dazzle ‘em with brilliance, baffle ‘em with bull****.” This front office will see right through the ‘hue’ of the smokescreen. 

50 minutes ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

This front office will see right through the ‘hue’ of the smokescreen. 

I think this FO is being built to eliminate Hueball.

The hee haws can always blame Hueball's demise to Dorsey, et al.

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

There’s still time to fire Hue. Maybe a scandle will come up. Fingers crossed. 

Maybe hell... Im starting the scandle right now. Hue and Dee are playing milkman in Berea. Hue touched my danger zone. Hue is secretly a white supremacist. Hue shot JFK.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I liked his demeanor - tough nosed, defensive football guy. Probably better suited to be a D coordinator than an head coach, but though to say, because he was epically short changed in the talent department, but I think with the pieces you guys have, it's a good hire.

Archived