Eliot Wolf New Asst. GM - GB Reunion in Cleveland

Mind Character

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Product of the system. Every DC that’s walked through there has looked good. Reminds me of the ravens from like 2000-2012. 

I don’t mind Greg despite his gross miss use peppers all season. 

It was their worst defense since 2010 too. Not surprised with their secondary falling a part. I rather give Greg Williams more time. 

9 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Scrabble I’ve never hoped for a firing more then I have with Hue Jackson. He’s that bad !!!!! yet jimmy says he’s the coach you call patience for ... Really ?! It’s mind blowing. You bring in all these guys who are well respected and with plenty of accolades yet you tell them they can’t get their own guy in there ? Haslam makes no sense at all. Hue should be fired immediately and for once the team can be on the same page 

Yes. I flipped back and forth for a bit during the season but after that week 17 lulzfest losing to Pit's JV squad, I want him gone. Tabor can go too! Greg Williams did somethings with the front 7. Maybe give him a CB that is fast enough to cover a WR without needing to be 10 yards away? 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

4 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Can anyone explain to me then why our safeties are so far back. Is it lack of talent or is that his scheme does he ever use them normally ? Like I love what Gregg does outside of the safety being 25 yards backs. It really bothers me 

My best guess is to cover the fact that our CBs are slower than snails. We get burnt if we play on the line. But yeah Peppers playing in the stands all year was lulzy. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

5 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

My best guess is to cover the fact that our CBs are slower than snails. We get burnt if we play on the line. But yeah Peppers playing in the stands all year was lulzy. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Next to hues coaching and kizers turnovers. That was by far one of the most aggravating things from last year for me. We have this great safety/LB product and you essentially take him out of the game every play. If you want to play your SS closer to the line fine. Have Peppers be that guy but atleast play your FS closer so we’re not beat every single play by slants and TE screens. 

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

No sure if this was posted...but grigson was let go...forgot we had him...lol

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/10/browns-get-rid-of-ryan-grigson-as-part-of-personnel-moves/

Love the first line from that blurb.

"Ryan Grigson once gave the Browns a first-round pick they wasted, in exchange for a player who wasn’t very good."

Gil Brandt says the #Browns “probably have a better roster than 50% of the NFL, they just need a QB.”

So now that we have "football guys" in charge, the national media members are shifting the narrative so they don't look dumb if we get an adequate QB next year and have huge improvement. But yeah, the roster has no real football players and no one could ever coax a single win out of it.

22 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

So now that we have "football guys" in charge, the national media members are shifting the narrative so they don't look dumb if we get an adequate QB next year and have huge improvement. But yeah, the roster has no real football players and no one could ever coax a single win out of it.

Idgaf what Gil Brandt says good or bad...he has less than a marble left rattling around his hollow head space.

No one on this planet believes that the roster has no real football players and no one could get a single win out of it.

That's all hyperbole and literalists interpretations of what people have said within the organization

John Dorsey's "real football players" comment was not to be taken literally as he loves numerous players on the team.

Somehow in our sports radio toxic culture that became "Life long respected scout thinks Joe Thomas, David Njoku, Myles Garrett, Josh Gordon, Christian Kirksey, and the WHOLE ROSTER has no real players."

It was obvious that he meant not enough real/impact players and especially so at critical positions like QB.

In this league, a few things are certain...mainly that Talent doesn't mean much toward winning when it is the youngest in the league.

The difference between 0-4 wins isn't that major so of course we could've had more than 0 wins but with a young QB with serious issues, the youngest roster in the league, a young kicker, and the bad coaching decisions things easily end up on the 0 win side of things.

Despite all that, we literally were either a field goal away or a WTH Kizer redzone INT/fumble away from winning 3-4 games this year and it could be argued that we could've got 1-2 more win had the defense not disappeared on a final drive.

We all seem to have forgotten the season (rightfully so as it was painful)...how many games collapsed b/c the defense couldn't stop a team on a final drive or a final drive catastrophic INT or Fumble by our offense (Pittsburgh game 1, Colts, Jets, Tennesse, Chargers, Green Bay, Pittsburgh game 2)

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

No one on this planet believes that the roster has no real football players and no one could get a single win out of it.

Except our own Head Coach, who ironically is currently the most pivotal man living in the world that needs to make the players feel like good football players.

7 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Except our own Head Coach, who ironically is currently the most pivotal man living in the world that needs to make the players feel like good football players.

Come on man... That just a feel good Fire-hue-ism comment. Even Hue knows that this team could've won 3-4 games...he watched the results in games where we lost by 3 or a possession due to a missed field goal, defense couldn't keep a team out of the endzone,or redzone/near redzone catastrophic INT/Fumble.

(Pittsburgh game 1, Colts, Jets, Tennessee, Chargers, Green Bay, Pittsburgh game 2)

And that's with bad coaching decisions at times.

Hindsight fire-Hue-ism believes, every game plan Hue designed was the worst in the league, every game he made the worst situational calls in the history of the game, and he sabatoged the team game after game b/c he's the dumbest human on earth.

The reality is, he made bad decisions, but in a lot of those games we were a drive away on offense or defense from winning the game AND GASP the decision that caused the game to go toward the losing side of things GASP was not on the HC but GASP 1 Final Time was due to inexperience or ability deficiency (QB, defense, etc).

But you're right...I probably should've amended my statement to: "Anyone on the planet knows we could've won more than 0 games including Hue and Gregg Williams, but also knows that it's unsurprising when the most inexperienced team and rookie QB in the NFL don't put up a win."

25 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Come on man... That just a feel good Fire-hue-ism comment. Even Hue knows that this team could've won 3-4 games...he watched the results in games where we lost by 3 or a possession due to a missed field goal, defense couldn't keep a team out of the endzone,or redzone/near redzone catastrophic INT/Fumble.

(Pittsburgh game 1, Colts, Jets, Tennessee, Chargers, Green Bay, Pittsburgh game 2)

And that's with bad coaching decisions at times.

Hindsight fire-Hue-ism believes, every game plan Hue designed was the worst in the league, every game he made the worst situational calls in the history of the game, and he sabatoged the team game after game b/c he's the dumbest human on earth.

The reality is, he made bad decisions, but in a lot of those games we were a drive away on offense or defense from winning the game AND GASP the decision that caused the game to go toward the losing side of things GASP was not on the HC but GASP 1 Final Time was due to inexperience or ability deficiency (QB, defense, etc).

But you're right...I probably should've amended my statement to: "Anyone on the planet knows we could've won more than 0 games including Hue and Gregg Williams, but also knows that it's unsurprising when the most inexperienced team and rookie QB in the NFL don't put up a win."

Hue might know that this team could've won 3-4 games but her certainly wasn't willing to admit it.

He did seem to blame everything on everyone else.

Except, funny enough, the QB Sneak against Detroit, even though everyone knew it wasn't his decision.

Maybe because everyone knew is why he was okay saying it was his fault :-P.

Archived