Week 18: Bills @ Jags

gopherwrestler

Just now, mcmurtry86 said:

A lot of people think Jacksonville could knock off Pittsburgh or New England.

lol A Blake Bortles led team isn't knocking anyone worth talking about off. All that confidence he gained in the middle of the season or whatever playing well is completely shot. SF and Tennessee broke him.

It's pretty disappointing though. I was hoping Bortles would play semi-well so the Jags would be dumb enough to go in to next year with him at starting QB, but alas..

1 minute ago, mcmurtry86 said:

He'll get overdrafted. He needs to go somewhere where he can sit for 2 years to develop. If he goes somewhere where he is starting by the end of his rookie year, he will flop

I like to believe in today's NFL, a first (top 16) pick at QB aka likely the guy. Kansas City aside, and you can make a reasonable case the 17' class brought the redshirt concept back.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

If they mean slow their offense down (under 30), I agree.

The Pats offense is hardly firing on all cylinders. Given their defensive woes, I could see the Jaguars giving them a tough game and possibly beating them. They have the type of D that Brady can struggle against.

2 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

He'll get overdrafted. He needs to go somewhere where he can sit for 2 years to develop. If he goes somewhere where he is starting by the end of his rookie year, he will flop

Agreed. I dont get the craze. His hype is almost purely based off physical traits. He screams Paxton Lynch to me.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

lol A Blake Bortles led team isn't knocking anyone worth talking about off. All that confidence he gained in the middle of the season or whatever playing well is completely shot. SF and Tennessee broke him.

It's pretty disappointing though. I was hoping Bortles would play semi-well so the Jags would be dumb enough to go in to next year with him at starting QB, but alas..

The Pats got owned by a Jay Cutler led team a few weeks ago and better Pats teams have lost to guys like Eli Manning, Joe Flacco and Mark Sanchez.

It's not inconceivable.

That said, I think Pittsburgh will beat the Jaguars next Sunday so it's a moot point

Just now, mcmurtry86 said:

The Pats offense is hardly firing on all cylinders. Given their defensive woes, I could see the Jaguars giving them a tough game and possibly beating them. They have the type of D that Brady can struggle against.

Special teams and the Patriots defense can get short fields. I think of last years AFC Divisional game against Houston where Brady was legitimately shut down, yet the other factors were deciding factors. I can see a similar thing occurring in a game between the two teams.

Archived