Week 18: Bills @ Jags

gopherwrestler

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don't think that is completely true. All Foles has to do is not be terrible for us to win games, but that seems to be asking too much. If he can game manage and get us to 14-17 points we will have a shot. The defense has to play lights out and the DBs have to step up for us to win.

The hype is Philly's D v Atlanta's O but Atlanta D is pretty good. Ask LA Rams.

Just now, MD4L said:

I agree, but they aren't good up front which is the one thing that would scare me. You can run on them, even though they have great DBs. 

The Eagles need to control the football and make the game ugly to win, which I think is possible. They won't be able to run on us the way they did on the Rams and we should be able to stick with the run if we take care of the football. The problem is does Pederson actually adjust or does he stick with the throw early and often game plan we have used all year. If he does that we are screwed and playing right into Atlanta's hands, just like the Rams did.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

falcons secondary was excellent yesterday . I never knew they were that good, pass defence, tackling coverage etc, they did it all.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Well, Atlanta's D is pretty good when you play into their hands with your playcalling.  No doubt the Falcons' secondary stepped up last night, but this is also a Falcons team that surrendered 20+ points more games than not this season, including to the likes of these Bills, the Dolphins, and the Jets.  If Philadelphia can establish and stick with the running game, they can move the ball.

Archived