GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings

gopherwrestler

GWT: Week 19 Saints @ Vikings  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

Saints fans, thank you for an amazing game. I glad we got some revenge from 09. :D

I don't even had words for how it was watching that. I'm young enough that I barely remember the '91 Twins World Series win. I also wasn't enough of a hockey fan to have the first true heart break be the North Stars leaving. But I had '98, '09, 41-Donut from the Vikings. I had the 90's from the Twins and then getting bounced all the time by the Yankees. The Wild have tried to make a run, but always been knocked out to by the Blackhawks. And the Timberwolves have been terrible generally, but I remember having the chance in 2004 (I believe) and then Sam Cassell getting hurt. I was ready to heart break, I was ready to be fine with the game because the officials hadn't screwed us over and the Saints had just out played us in the second half. I was going to be at peace with it and then the "Minneapolis Miracle" happened. I don't know how to really describe it. It was shock. It was excitement. It was disbelief. It felt like we were invincible for a moment and it felt like it couldn't be real. It'll be a moment that I remember for my whole life.

That was the game that I wanted to have happen, though I would have been happy with a blow out but that game/that ending will always be special now.

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

So glad I don't have to listen to that guy every week. He sounds like he could put a room if 8 year olds on ritalin to sleep. 

Saints just lost a big game in an improbably fashion. He's not going to be jumping for joy.

I think he's fine. He's had pretty good moments in his broadcasting career for the Saints, and definitely gets excited when it favors New Orleans. Like all local broadcasters. 

11 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

To the people arguing it, the Vikings are giving up two less points per game than those 2015 Broncos.  The Vikings offense is scoring 1.7 more points per game than the 2015 Broncos. 

Yeah, but the playoffs are a whole new beast, as we saw.

On another note, I wanted the Vikings to go for 2 when the Saints left the field for the trolly lulz

No one’s asking him to jump for joy, but where’s the slightest bit of emotion? Where’s the shock? Where’s the disgust?

ive heard a lot of game ending calls from the losing side, and on this one he simply sounds apathetic. 

I like announcers who can do a good job calling the game, while sharing and conveying the emotion of the fans. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

No one’s asking him to jump for joy, but where’s the slightest bit of emotion? Where’s the shock? Where’s the disgust?

ive heard a lot of game ending calls from the losing side, and on this one he simply sounds apathetic. 

I like announcers who can do a good job calling the game, while sharing and conveying the emotion of the fans. 

That link to the video I provided has Jim Henderson showing a pretty good amount of emotion once John Carney misses the kick. :D 

For all the Vikings defensive praise, this defense couldn't get a single stop they needed at the end, and could have been burned by the gadget play too. 09 team got every stop they needed at the end to win the game with a much lesser defense.

This defense has a lot of work to do to be considered with some of the ones people are comparing them to.

4 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

For all the Vikings defensive praise, this defense couldn't get a single stop they needed at the end, and could have been burned by the gadget play too. 09 team got every stop they needed at the end to win the game with a much lesser defense.

This defense has a lot of work to do to be considered with some of the ones people are comparing them to.

They did stop the Saints on 3rd and 1, and that was big.  Had Saints gotten that and ran the clock down, they win. 

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

They did stop the Saints on 3rd and 1, and that was big.  Had Saints gotten that and ran the clock down, they win. 

Basically got lucky. A stop is a stop, but good coaches aren't satisfied when the reason the stop happened is because of a miscue by the other team. Saints scored 10 points after that.

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

Basically got lucky. A stop is a stop, but good coaches aren't satisfied when the reason the stop happened is because of a miscue by the other team. Saints scored 10 points after that.

I mean the very last 3rd and 1.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

True, but a stop there gives your offense at least a few chances to come back and win, and they did.

Partial credit I guess? I wouldn't consider a drive that gained 50 yards on 11 plays to lose the lead a "stop". Obviously gave the team a chance, but it's disappointing that they have up the lead on that drive considering this is what the team is all about.

1 minute ago, Mossburg said:

Partial credit I guess? I wouldn't consider a drive that gained 50 yards on 11 plays to lose the lead a "stop". Obviously gave the team a chance, but it's disappointing that they have up the lead on that drive considering this is what the team is all about.

It wasn't great, but let's give the Saints a little bit of credit as well.  They are a dang good offense, and when Brees is in the zone, he's pinpoint accuracy and timing.  I wouldn't expect your defense to give up drives like that against Foles or even Bortles.  Only Brady maybe.

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

It wasn't great, but let's give the Saints a little bit of credit as well.  They are a dang good offense, and when Brees is in the zone, he's pinpoint accuracy and timing.  I wouldn't expect your defense to give up drives like that against Foles or even Bortles.  Only Brady maybe.

Oh yea, I didn't mean to discredit Brees and co. Brees was a king among men in the 2nd half, and Kamara should be nicknamed Nightmara.

Archived