2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

Just bored and decided to do a mock on Fanspeak. 
I used Draftscout and difficult option. I like to do these to try and gage where these sites feel players will go. Are there any sites who we feel are in on the pulse of where teams have guys ranked? This do any seem close to possible. 

14: R1P14

EDGE MARCUS DAVENPORT
TEXAS-SAN ANTONIO
45: R2P13

EDGE ARDEN KEY
LSU
76: R3P12

TE DALLAS GOEDERT
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
101: R3P37

CB KEVIN TOLIVER II
LSU
116: R4P14
WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN
NOTRE DAME
152: R5P13

QB KYLE LAULETTA
RICHMOND
173: R5P34

WR AUDEN TATE
FLORIDA STATE
175: R5P36

RB KALEN BALLAGE
ARIZONA STATE
177: R5P38

CB HOLTON HILL
TEXAS
189: R6P12

LB JACK CICHY
WISCONSIN
232: R7P14

DL KAHLIL MCKENZIE JR.
TENNESSEE
239: R7P21

OT GREG SENAT
WAGNER

^I think I'd rather have a freak athlete that's maybe more raw than I would have a complete player that's not as gifted physically.  I think we need to take a risk with this pick.  Not a crazy risk, but we need a potential Hall of Fame player, we need that all pro presence on defense.  If that means taking a shot on Key or James, I'm all for it. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Arden Key has pretty much been forgotten, but if he's freaky next weekend does he jump back up in top 15 conversation? Obviously the interview will be equally as important but 6'6 pass rushers with freaky athletic traits are not a common occurrence in the draft.

That is a huge YES.  It's always kind of odd the way some players move up and down the board without anything ever happening.

AK's interview with Gute is going to be huge.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Arden Key has pretty much been forgotten, but if he's freaky next weekend does he jump back up in top 15 conversation? Obviously the interview will be equally as important but 6'6 pass rushers with freaky athletic traits are not a common occurrence in the draft.

He could do whatever he wants at the combine, but if he doesn't interview well, I wouldn't want him.

I have argued in the past that just occasionaly the Packers should take a chance on greatness. Not all the time, not even routinely, just occasionally.

I think Key is one of the polarising players of the draft. He is mostly a 'run around the tackle' guy, but he is very good at doing that, getting very low for such a tall guy, as he runs the arc. I'd rather see Davenport, Landry or Edmunds on the team myself, but each of these guys have their warts as well. Choosing between the four, I'd say take a chance on Davenport or Edmunds before rolling the dice on Key. I do like Landry, but many sites have him rated a little lower. He would probably be a favourite target if the Packers traded down into the mid 20's.

I don't think Gute will want to take big risks on the first draft attributed to him. I think Davenport and Edmunds might be slightly less risky than Key. Edmunds (only 19 years old) has off-the-charts athleticism, while Davenport goes heads up against tackles more, and that physicality (despite the fact his legs are just a little bit skinny) is attractive to me.

Therefore my current order of preference is

Davenport
Edmunds
Landry
Key

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

I don't think Gute will want to take big risks on the first draft attributed to him.

This is actually something I've been thinking a lot about lately.  I'm sure there's a LOT of thought that goes into a new GM's first draft.  I wonder where Gute's head is. 

32 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:
49 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I don't think Gute will want to take big risks on the first draft attributed to him.

This is actually something I've been thinking a lot about lately.  I'm sure there's a LOT of thought that goes into a new GM's first draft.  I wonder where Gute's head is. 

Totally agree with this. 

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

That is a huge YES.  It's always kind of odd the way some players move up and down the board without anything ever happening.

AK's interview with Gute is going to be huge.

If you're referring to Key, something did obviously happen. Up to the Packers to find out how significant it was.

Archived