2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

3 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

He's another one of those players that you need to go back to 2016 film to watch to get a better understanding of him. 

I’ll have to do that because I watched the Tech film again and see a player I’d pass on for Dooly or Leon James. Nothing special at all on that film for me. I actually wondered if he was hurt this year since he’s been talked about for a year now.

I’ll check 2016. 

3 hours ago, ArthurPensky said:

Landry and Davenport are there at 14. Who do you want?

Are Denzel Ward or Derwin James there? If so I think I pass on both and pick between those 2.

I want the absolute best defensive player on the board when we pick. Don't care if he is a S, ILB, EDGE or CB. There's no way I can rate either of those two ahead of James or Ward right now.

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Are Denzel Ward or Derwin James there? If so I think I pass on both and pick between those 2.

I want the absolute best defensive player on the board when we pick. Don't care if he is a S, ILB, EDGE or CB. There's no way I can rate either of those two ahead of James or Ward right now.

Feel the exact same way as you.

Ward now is my #1 want (excluding Half Mast aka Chubb)as much as I want EDGE... Key and Landry just don't do it for me at 14. I wish Key didn't remind me of Gregory so damn much. He's probably nothing like him, but the look, the 'super secret troubles' just scream Gregory to me. 

I have a feeling, James, Ward, Half Mast, Fitzpatrick, Davenport are all gone at 14. Which has me worried. 

27 minutes ago, tredpack said:

I have a feeling, James, Ward, Half Mast, Fitzpatrick, Davenport are all gone at 14. Which has me worried.

I'm trying to play a numbers' game here, and you have to figure 4 QBs go off the board before the Packers pick.  You include those five, and that's 9 of the top 13 picks.  I think most would agree that'd be a worst case scenario situation.  That means the Packers would likely have at least one of the ILBs (Edmunds/Smith), Josh Jackson, and Arden Key/Harold Landry likely available.

53 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I was assuming those two are Gone.

Does Ward fulfill  wolf CB ceiteria?

5 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

I was assuming those two are Gone.

Does Ward fulfill  wolf CB ceiteria?

I think he's going to fall a bit short.  He's listed as 5'10" according to the Ohio State website, and numbers tend to be a bit fudged.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm trying to play a numbers' game here, and you have to figure 4 QBs go off the board before the Packers pick.  You include those five, and that's 9 of the top 13 picks.  I think most would agree that'd be a worst case scenario situation.  That means the Packers would likely have at least one of the ILBs (Edmunds/Smith), Josh Jackson, and Arden Key/Harold Landry likely available.

Edmunds was a name I should have mentioned. I'd be happy with him. 

All those other names you've listed though would have me concerned. 

Archived