2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

I was more referencing HaHa's tweets saying the Packers won't be drafting a safety. Having James/Haha/Jones on the field that same type would be awesome. 

Agreed. I just think James is a highly intellegent player as well. Would be the leader in our secondary by year 2. 

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

If we take Roquon Smith my brain will explode. I just don't like him

Not a fan of him in the top of the first either.  Saw more than a few times that he would make a big hit and lose his feet, ended up on his knees.  Still made the tackle, but I just do not see that working out well in the NFL. 

Got reminded by Mayock about Alex Cappa as a late round guy. Took a big step to the Senior Bowl and didn't fall. I didn't pay attention to his workout numbers but he looks pretty fluid and bendy. Played T/G during the bowl and did fine. Dominated his ****ty LOC. Good guy for some concerned about our OL depth.

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

He's a beast though. Non-premium position but if we end up with Roquan, we are a better defense in the middle instantly. Wouldnt be my first choice but you cant be upset if he falls to us and we take him. Getting a great player. 

I don't think he's a great player either. He is good at what he does but like you said it's not that valuable. He is way too easily schemed out, just peel a blocker and run at him 

3 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I don't think he's a great player either. He is good at what he does but like you said it's not that valuable. He is way too easily schemed out, just peel a blocker and run at him 

Not that I'm a huge fan of Smith, or any ILB in the first round, but...couldn't you make the argument that a line consisting of Wilkerson, Clark and Daniels in front of him could make Smith clean and high effective?  I don't like the value either, but even I cannot deny that adding him to the defense would change things for the better.

56 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I think he's a Pro Bowl ILB by year 2. Again, there are guys I'd take over him at 14, but the pick would not upset me at all. 

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

People familiar with the situation believe theGreen Bay Packers are likely to select eitherMinkah Fitzpatrick or Josh Jackson with their first-round selection. And while the team needs a pass rusher, they are desperate for help in the secondary.

Yuck. Josh Jackson?

Smoke screen for Derwin?

Or a potential smoke screen for a Pass Rusher? 

I doubt the Packers scouts or Gute are leaking their draft plans, at least not this specific. The draft needs to happen already, this time of the NFL year is the worst...

Archived