2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm saying that because he may or may not have been in rehab for hard drugs this summer.

Yeah, I mean, I think there is a chance that as this thing gets closer to the draft we will have a better feel for what teams think of him. But you are 100% right, drugs? Did he quit on his team? How important is football to him? 

9 hours ago, MNPackfan32 said:

Yeah, I mean, I think there is a chance that as this thing gets closer to the draft we will have a better feel for what teams think of him. But you are 100% right, drugs? Did he quit on his team? How important is football to him? 

How could he quit on the team when he came right back?

He obviously had an issue that required attention, I don't want to speculate the reason because it never came out. Key is an absolute freak. If we were picking top 15 and he fell to around 8, go get him, same with Chubb. Landry is a solid player, so are the Clemson guys, but Key and Chubb are going to be freaks. Our defense is missing that more than anything.

11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nobody on here is going to be able to evaluate Key. Arden Key the player is a freaking stud. Arden Key the person is who you need to feel comfortable with.

I don't understand the Minkah Fitzpatrick love. I like Micah Hyde as much as anybody but I don't get how you pick a corner who's not going to be a plus boundary guy in the first round.

I see Minkah as a 6'2 Honey Badger, the "star" in Dom's defense is more important than the boundary guys IMO, you saw when Woodson was there how an elite guy can be turned into a force to be reckoned with. I'd rather see an EDGE guy, but Minkah would be a fit here for me.

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I see Minkah as a 6'2 Honey Badger, the "star" in Dom's defense is more important than the boundary guys IMO, you saw when Woodson was there how an elite guy can be turned into a force to be reckoned with. I'd rather see an EDGE guy, but Minkah would be a fit here for me.

Except Minkah is a mediocre cover guy in college. 

If King takes a step forward this offseason, you sort of pencil him in as your #1. You're betting he develops into a plus cover guy.

I think you roll with Randall as the starter in the slot. He's been solid and the only one seemingly capable of taking the ball away on the defense. He has 5 of our 18 TOs this year.

House is a middle of the road #2. I could see him being brought back pending contract and wouldn't hate it.

You've then got: Rollins coming off an Achilles, Hawkins, and Pipkins for depth.

You need a draft pick in there.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:28 AM, cooters22 said:

Thoughts of Roquon Smith ILB from Georgia for our team? I'm not a expert at the draft, I just am too busy to watch a ton of college football but I've seen this kid play and see his physical presence and I start salivating to add this to our slow, pathetic defense. I want a play maker with our first pick. I've only seen so much of this kid, so maybe I'm overhyped on this kid. Thoughts?

He had a great game today.

It's hard for me to talk about next years draft, mainly because of who is going to be running our drafts and who is he picking for. Is our new defensive coordinator going to be running the 3-4 or the 4-3. And I'm assuming that we are getting a new one and if we don't it truly doesn't matter who we draft because our defense is consistently in the lower third of the league anyhow, even though we nearly always go defense in the first round. And I'm still not convinced that Ted is ready to step down like some assume he's going to. But this team need difference makers on both sides of the ball, seems like we have less of them than we use to ala Collins, Matthews in his prime, BJ Raji for a season, Aaron, Nelson in his prime, Woodson. I believe that's the biggest difference now and seven years ago.

On 12/2/2017 at 11:06 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

If King takes a step forward this offseason, you sort of pencil him in as your #1. You're betting he develops into a plus cover guy.

I think you roll with Randall as the starter in the slot. He's been solid and the only one seemingly capable of taking the ball away on the defense. He has 5 of our 18 TOs this year.

House is a middle of the road #2. I could see him being brought back pending contract and wouldn't hate it.

You've then got: Rollins coming off an Achilles, Hawkins, and Pipkins for depth.

You need a draft pick in there.

Don't forget about Goodson.....

Really depends what we will be able to get in the draft. I wouldn't be against another 1st round corner if House isn't coming back. If House stays give me a guy in the top 4 rounds. 

We can extend Randall next year correct? I don't think with the volume of work we will be picking up his 5th year option. Do we need to wait til the offseason to re-sign someone with the 5th year option?

20 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

What does everything think we go after the first 3 rounds? 

EDGE
OL
TE
DB

Gonna be an interesting offseason. We are going to need to address one of those positions in free agency. 

I'd throw WR in there ... really think we could use a high quality young receiver in round 2 or 3.  

57 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd throw WR in there ... really think we could use a high quality young receiver in round 2 or 3.  

dunno how i omitted that after saying I would love a WR in round 2 on here the other day. Oops. 

I agree for sure

I've been hearing that Dallas Goedert TE of South Dakota State maybe the fast climber into the first round once the combines hit. Norm, this is your scouting territory, what's the skinny on the kid? After seeing what a good TE could do for this offense last season, I'm convinced that we better go get one early this year. Anybody got a TE they'd like to discuss or thoughts of grabbing one early? 

Archived