2018 NFL Draft Discussion

squire12

I still don't get it for Ferrell. Bryant makes sense to a degree because I would even like to see him without Ferrell around. If he continues to be productive he could turn himself into a very similar draft position to Ferrell but Ferrell has everything to lose and nothing really to gain. 

28 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I have not. Good?

OMG ??

So mature, wise beyond his years. Talked about how important it was for him to give back to the community. Clearly had great parents. Took absolutely no credit for his on field success, instead praised teammates and coaches. 

The film had me cool with taking him at 14. The person has me dying to take him at 14, I just hope he lasts that long.

15 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Thoughts... Love Isaiah Oliver in coverage but man he sure hates hitting people or getting hit by them. 

Carlton Davis seems to have it all. Good I’m coverage and is great in run support too. Need to watch more film on both these guys to see a trend. 

I really like Isaiah Oliver, better man to man than in zone. Bit soft at times but not horrible. Smooth athlete, good length, plus ball skills.

I'm meh on Davis.

25 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

OMG ??

So mature, wise beyond his years. Talked about how important it was for him to give back to the community. Clearly had great parents. Took absolutely no credit for his on field success, instead praised teammates and coaches. 

The film had me cool with taking him at 14. The person has me dying to take him at 14, I just hope he lasts that long.

That's is a great post to share.  Thank you!

I like him too... And I want to see his combine quickness...  If he has some of that quick get off, then I'm sold.

37 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

OMG ??

Have a link? Or was it on TV?

Edit nm, just reread 'on senior bowl website'

41 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:
1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I have not. Good?

OMG ??

That's all he praised? Doesn't sounds like a Packer to me

55 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Thoughts... Love Isaiah Oliver in coverage but man he sure hates hitting people or getting hit by them. 

Carlton Davis seems to have it all. Good I’m coverage and is great in run support too. Need to watch more film on both these guys to see a trend. 

LOVE me some Carlton Davis.  Think he's going to fly up draft boards though.

I know i'm late to the party but what do you make of the fact that we apparently knew King had a lingering shoulder injury since college and yet still drafted him. I thought we passed on Foster because of his shoulder injury. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me. That was the 2nd draft in a row that we passed on a top 10 linebacker talent.

I've been pounding the table for a top linebacker for a while. We passed on Watt and Foster, the year before we passed on Jack and Deion Jones, before that McKinney and Kendricks, and before that Bucannon.

I've seen the impact of what good linebackers can do for other teams, they are leaders, they set the tone, they make defences tough. Having a guy like that can be incredibily valuable. I'm amazed that the Packers dont seem to think of that position very highly.

Matthews was drafted in 2009 and his impact was undeniable. How did that not give the Packers the confidence to draft another linebacker like that?

Drafting a linebacker in the first two rounds: Hawk (2006) >>>> 3 years later Matthews >>>> 3 years later Perry >>>> 6 years and counting

We got away with Martinez and getting Peppers in free agency but the neglect at that position has been borderline criminal. We haven't drafted an inside linebacker within the first two rounds for 12 years! O.o

12 years....damn.....

Hopefully all that will change with Gute.

Had to check out the hype of Fanspeak 2018 lol. I think our QB would love me:

1. EDGE Arden Key

2. WR Deontay Burnett

3. NT Vita Vea

3. TE Dallas Goedery

4. TE Mike Gesicki

5. WR Equa St Brown

5. LB Jack Cichy

5. S Dominick Sanders

5. RB Justin Jackson

6. WR Daesean Hamilton

7. CB Tony Brown

7. OT/G Toby Weathersby

16 minutes ago, Chili said:

I know i'm late to the party but what do you make of the fact that we apparently knew King had a lingering shoulder injury since college and yet still drafted him. I thought we passed on Foster because of his shoulder injury. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me. That was the 2nd draft in a row that we passed on a top 10 linebacker talent.

Honestly, I wouldn't read too much into it.  The Packers had the opportunity to take Foster AND King at 29 and opted to trade down to 33.  To me, that indicates that they had a slew of players who were similarly graded (presumably King, Foster, and Watt were all in that group) and that the extra 4th round pick was worth more than picking their "preference".  After they traded down, the Niners took Foster at 31 after trading up with the Seahawks.  My guess is the Niners felt either the Saints would take Foster or the Packers would take him.  They didn't have the option to take Foster after the trade down.

20 minutes ago, Chili said:

I've been pounding the table for a top linebacker for a while. We passed on Watt and Foster, the year before we passed on Jack and Deion Jones, before that McKinney and Kendricks, and before that Bucannon.

And look who the Packers took instead of taking those players.  Last year, we passed on Watt and Foster because traded down.  Is Kevin King and a 4th round pick worth more or less than Watt/Foster?  In 2016, we took Kenny Clark over Myles Jack and Deion Jones.  Given the injury concerns of Jack, and the play of Clark I think the Packers made the right choice.  In 2015, they took Damarious Randall over Kendrick and McKinney.  If Randall is the guy who played in the 2nd half of the season moving forward, this is a no brainer.  And I'd easily take HHCD over Bucannon every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.  The value of a true FS >>> hybrid LB/S.

Archived