Divisional Round! Saints @ Vikings! THERE WILL BE BLOOD!

Dome

A few things.

1) Marcus Williams will never wiff like that again. If the kid slept last night, it wasn't good sleep. This will chew on him so long that it will make him tough as nails, and his focus will be unlike any back-end defender we've had. Take that to the bank.

2) Morestead was the first back onto the field for the final PAT followed by a few guys, and Jordan. Say what you want, but that's leadership. Those guys played and put more on themselves than most of the guys in the league, and when you know you're going home after a pure sacrifice of your own body... to come back onto the field and face the executioner is as ballzy as it gets, and take guts!!

Case Keenum can suck a fat one with his skol chant when they were lining up. That was pure disrespect. Little prick.

I woke up not feeling sad, but proud of this team. 24 players on IR. 24! And we were that close to coming back from a 17-0 deficit vs the #1 defense in the NFL ON THE ROAD! That's insane. It stings because of Brees' age and the fact that if we win that game we're favorites to go to the SB, but I'm still proud of the team coming this far. Hopefully we get to do it all over again next year. 

54 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Case Keenum can suck a fat one with his skol chant when they were lining up. That was pure disrespect. Little prick.

You don't think that during the 3rd most important moment of his life (his words) that maybe he got caught up in emotion and wasn't even thinking about that?

Don't really see how it was disrespectful. If the tables were turned and Kamara or Lattimore did something like that while the vikes were in misery none of us would care and some of us might even take enjoyment out of it lol. 

I just don't really see it as an issue IMO. 

Tough for anyone to lose such a great game, but.. that's the playoffs and we've both been through so much heartbreak.

But..the Vikings haven't seen the light like you guys have though. That very well could change this season. I'm excited!

Good luck next year guys. If the rookies continue to play well and Brees stays, you'll be right back in it!

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

You don't think that during the 3rd most important moment of his life (his words) that maybe he got caught up in emotion and wasn't even thinking about that?

Don't really see how it was disrespectful. If the tables were turned and Kamara or Lattimore did something like that while the vikes were in misery none of us would care and some of us might even take enjoyment out of it lol. 

I would say at the very least it was distasteful in that situation just like I felt this was, though nothing to get too up in arms about.  Literally all they had to do was lineup, tap the butt get the snap and take a knee on a 2pt conversion "attempt" and ended the game.  Like I had no problem with the fact that Mayfield planted the flag in Ohio State's centerfield, if we didn't want him to do something like that we should've beat them, but that was after the game was over and players were gone.

IT was a great game and for them to win the game it was a miracle as well.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

A few things.

1) Marcus Williams will never wiff like that again. If the kid slept last night, it wasn't good sleep. This will chew on him so long that it will make him tough as nails, and his focus will be unlike any back-end defender we've had. Take that to the bank.

2) Morestead was the first back onto the field for the final PAT followed by a few guys, and Jordan. Say what you want, but that's leadership. Those guys played and put more on themselves than most of the guys in the league, and when you know you're going home after a pure sacrifice of your own body... to come back onto the field and face the executioner is as ballzy as it gets, and take guts!!

1)   The only mistake he made was having too much speed and he ended up closing on Diggs faster than expected and to prevent a PI he went low to miss the hit, unfortunately that took out Crawley.  Just surprising that after they showed the coverage on the previous play of the Saints having 2 deep safeties and 2 corners sitting on the sidelines why Crawley was there all alone without another person on his side.

2)  as well as he did while injured deserves respect not to mention his teammates doing something for him gutting it out like that.

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

I'll be 100% honest with you, I hate gloating. I think it's poor sportsmanship, and I would hope our team members would be above that.

Had Keenum done that at the end, or near the end of halftime, that'd be cool as s**t and intimidating. To kick a team when they're down... just disrespectful. 

I get it, and I'm sure he was on cloud 9. I won't change my opinion one bit. Anyway, he'll have to come up with something new next year when he's playing for the Giants.

19 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'll be 100% honest with you, I hate gloating. I think it's poor sportsmanship, and I would hope our team members would be above that.

Fair enough....

Just curious though, how did you feel about Cam Jordan sending Cam Newton a bottle of wine after the Wildcard round?

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Fair enough....

Just curious though, how did you feel about Cam Jordan sending Cam Newton a bottle of wine after the Wildcard round?

Didn't know about it, and I don't like it. I'm guessing there was a message of some sort, too. I think besting someone on the field is how you get someone's goat, not silly crap, and not rubbing it in people's faces.

I hate to sound like a fun hater, I'm not. I'm a do unto others type. Dancing with the broom in the locker room after a sweep, all for it, it's not "in your face" and is well deserved.
Keenum doing the Skol chant once the Saints cleared the field, I'd have been cool with that.

This team is young and talented. Brees is aging...but he’s still Brees. The Saints will be competitive for a while. 

Today sucks...but I’m proudly wearing my Saints tie today in Vikings country. They should have pulled off what I thought was an impossible victory at half time. 

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Tough for anyone to lose such a great game, but.. that's the playoffs and we've both been through so much heartbreak.

But..the Vikings haven't seen the light like you guys have though. That very well could change this season. I'm excited!

Good luck next year guys. If the rookies continue to play well and Brees stays, you'll be right back in it!

And I hope the Vikings still don't see light ?

Go Pats

Archived