Will Nick Foles be a starter on a team during the 2018 season?

UtahUtesFan

Will Nick Foles be a starter next season?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nick Foles be a starter next season?

38 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Yes, I'm sure doctors that work for Northwestern University thought it would be completely frivolous to do this study9_9

studies with misleading conclusions and premises are published all the time.  It's pretty much the norm.  Their motivation to publishing those studies is to get more grant money to publish more studies and do more research.  So when reading a study, you should first be asking yourself - what is the motivation for that person to publish this study?

7 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

seriously? i mean, really?

you dont think its important to know those things? im shocked anyone would read that, treat it as gospel without digging even a little bit deeper 

I'll trust the legitimacy of the results of a study from Northwestern University over the opinion of some guy on a football forum.

Furthermore, Dr. James Andrews believes his recovery time will be around 9-12 months

I think there are probably 6 teams going to be looking for a veteran option:

Cleveland

Denver

Minnesota

Arizona

Buffalo

NY Jets

The 6 guys out there are Cousins, McCown, Tyrod Taylor and the three Minnesota guys. But I kinda think the Vikings will find a way to keep Keenum AND Teddy Bridgewater, and that’s going to bring Nick Foles into play.

6 minutes ago, theJ said:

studies with misleading conclusions and premises are published all the time.  It's pretty much the norm.  Their motivation to publishing those studies is to get more grant money to publish more studies and do more research.  So when reading a study, you should first be asking yourself - what is the motivation for that person to publish this study?

Wentz also needed more then just a simple repair as well, which hardly got retorted

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Carson-Wentz-had-surgery-on-more-than-just-ACL-112412157

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Wentz had other procedures done to the knee...which explains the projected 9-to-12 month recovery time projected by renowned surgeon Dr. James Andrews. 

"I talked to Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie earlier in the week about all things related to Carson Wentz, who did undergo surgery this week to repair his torn ACL, a partially torn IT (iliotibial) band, and clean up some meniscus damage," Rapoport told the NFL Network

I don't know why this is such a big issue when this Eagle fan says because his buddy who works in an office returned relatively quickly is even remotely related to players returning to play in the NFL

1 minute ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Wentz also needed more then just a simple repair as well, which hardly got retorted

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Bolt/Carson-Wentz-had-surgery-on-more-than-just-ACL-112412157

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Wentz had other procedures done to the knee...which explains the projected 9-to-12 month recovery time projected by renowned surgeon Dr. James Andrews. 

"I talked to Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie earlier in the week about all things related to Carson Wentz, who did undergo surgery this week to repair his torn ACL, a partially torn IT (iliotibial) band, and clean up some meniscus damage," Rapoport told the NFL Network

I don't know why this is such a big issue when this Eagle fan says because his buddy who works in an office returned relatively quickly is even remotely related to players returning to play in the NFL

Cuz you posted an article implying that Wentz's career was in danger.  Of course that got everyone riled up.

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

Its a fair point but considering the bulk of your argument/criticism is pretty much wishful thinking (NO GUYS, WENTZ WILL BE 100% HEALTHY FOREVER AND EVER BY PRESEASON BECAUSE I WANT HIM TO BE), I'm going to believe the data. Happens all the time with sport injuries. Fans always are looking to convince themselves the recovery will be faster/best case scenario, the recovery more complete  (and remember the exceptions ala AP) etc... but we've seen from RG3 to Bradford to Kevin Durant a multitude of times where players pushed it and re-injured themselves. Yeah if Cleveland wants to offer your the 4th pick you really consider it but what are you going to realistically get with a 2nd rounder and 7 million in cap space thats more beneficial than a stable, high level QB play? Heck the Eagles second rounder barely played this year due to injury. Belicheck with immortal Tom Brady has spent picks on Jimmy, Jacoby, Mallett etc.. to insure the QB position. The Eagles will do the same if they are smart.

14 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

I'll trust the legitimacy of the results of a study from Northwestern University over the opinion of some guy on a football forum.

Furthermore, Dr. James Andrews believes his recovery time will be around 9-12 months

of course, why bother being more informed on something and be able to speack intelligently about it. like, im not even smart and it even dawned on me to investigate.

the releade from northwestern was a legit 5 minute read. amd almost every relevant fa tor from a football aspect was not taken into account. on their end, it was just if a player was designated with x injury, track the results. that means if a fringy roster guy tears his acl in camp and never plays again, it gets tracked the same as if brady tore his. tbey dont outright say in the release but it looks like they tracled a 10 yr period starting in 2004. i urge you (although im sure you wont) to look into the various methods of acl repair and what has become more relevant in the last few years. seriously, took 5 minutes.

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

of course, why bother being more informed on something and be able to speack intelligently about it. like, im not even smart and it even dawned on me to investigate.

the releade from northwestern was a legit 5 minute read. amd almost every relevant fa tor from a football aspect was not taken into account. on their end, it was just if a player was designated with x injury, track the results. that means if a fringy roster guy tears his acl in camp and never plays again, it gets tracked the same as if brady tore his. tbey dont outright say in the release but it looks like they tracled a 10 yr period starting in 2004. i urge you (although im sure you wont) to look into the various methods of acl repair and what has become more relevant in the last few years. seriously, took 5 minutes.

So far I've been the only one to offer evidence and the opinion of the most renowned orthopedic surgeon in sports.

If you have some valid rebuttals based on facts, please post them.

9 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

So far I've been the only one to offer evidence and the opinion of the most renowned orthopedic surgeon in sports.

If you have some valid rebuttals based on facts, please post them.

what evidence did you offer? Rebuttals to what, the article you linked? I realize it would take some reading but look through my posts and youd see plenty of rebuttals.

FOr the record, i went to Georgia Southern... whose mascot is the eagles. Im sure you didnt assume I was a philly fan from your previous post so just wated to clear that up.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

what evidence did you offer? Rebuttals to what, the article you linked? I realize it would take some reading but look through my posts and youd see plenty of rebuttals.

FOr the record, i went to Georgia Southern... whose mascot is the eagles. Im sure you didnt assume I was a philly fan from your previous post so just wated to clear that up.

....Yes the study was evidence...as was the opinion of the most renowned orthopedic surgeon in sports.

I asked for rebuttals based on facts and not you opinion, which is all that you've offered. 

James Andrews doesn't take into account the high level of rehab/care NFL players get. 9-12 months would be for Joe Schmo.

Wes Welker Tore his ACL in Week 17 or in the post season and was ready to go week 1 of the following season, and that was like 8 years ago.

Carson Wentz is already up and walking around on his own power, no crutches, no cane.

Just now, ILoveTheVikings said:

....Yes the study was evidence...as was the opinion of the most renowned orthopedic surgeon in sports.

I asked for rebuttals based on facts and not you opinion, which is all that you've offered. 

no, it was facts. Its a fact that they ignored numerous relevant factors. Are you arguing that position, method of repair/rehabilitation is irrelevant? simple yes or no answer here.

Archived