Will Nick Foles be a starter on a team during the 2018 season?

UtahUtesFan

Will Nick Foles be a starter next season?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nick Foles be a starter next season?

On 1/13/2018 at 11:46 PM, Lilseb93 said:

Foles would be a lateral move for Miami. Tannehill was having a great year after the bad start under Gase before he got hurt. The offense had a lot of hype from the media going into this season until Tannehill got hurt in camp. Miami does need a QB though, but it needs to be a young guy that they can develop just in case Tanny gets hurt again. 

Nevermind: I get what you meant. You meant sign a QB to fill in for the starter. 

Tannehill has never put up the numbers Foles has. Tannehill is not even as good as Bridgewater. Foles is undoubtedly an upgrade over Tannehill. Tannehill is 30, coming off a major injury, and has been a mediocre QB over his career.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Dude looks legit as hell. I still don't think I'd trade for him if I'm a bad team. He was contemplating retirement recently. If the Browns traded for him, I wouldn't be at all shocked to see him pull a Randy Marsh and say "cya!" the same way Jake Plummer did.

gif-randy-marsh-773169.gif

Yeah NFL players play because they love the game...forget a 100 mil plus contract to at least get money

Plummer and Moss had their cash

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Give the Eagles a 1st or he stays as insurance policy for Wentz and then trade him after Wentz is 100% at the trade deadline

This is what makes sense the most

Unless the browns or giants...some team with a top 10 pick steps up

2 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

If I'm Philly I wouldn't move him until I feel Wentz is 100 percent then I trade him of not you keep him on the roster and when he becomes a free agent he will sign a big deal and you get a nice comp pick. You win win regardless.

Why would Eagles get a comp pick for him? 

I think it depends on Wentz's situation - if he is good to go for week 1 2018 then Foles can be traded any time in the off season. If Wentz's status is unknown they can't trade Foles until that is known.

2 hours ago, aussie_eagle said:

I think it depends on Wentz's situation - if he is good to go for week 1 2018 then Foles can be traded any time in the off season. If Wentz's status is unknown they can't trade Foles until that is known.

Assuming that Wentz will eventually recover and will not be permanently affected by the injury, why couldn't they? It would make more sense to trade foles at his highest value than it would to just wait so you can have a better backup QB for a few games.

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

Assuming that Wentz will eventually recover and will not be permanently affected by the injury, why couldn't they? It would make more sense to trade foles at his highest value than it would to just wait so you can have a better backup QB for a few games.

His value may be more at the trade deadline.  Kind of depends on the market.  

You would think Philly would want to do right by him after what he did for them.  I'm sure he is shopped and the best offer mixed with his best interests will get him (similar to Alex Smith to the Skins).  I think Arizona or Denver are the most likely teams and I think Philly pulls a late 1st or 2nd rounder + change for him.

5 hours ago, aussie_eagle said:

They would get a comp.pick if he walks and a team signs him to a huge deal

1 hour ago, theJ said:

His value may be more at the trade deadline.  Kind of depends on the market.  

or it could be less, foles so far has had an up and down career. even the followup year after the big one wasnt that hot in philly, then we know what happened in st louis. He kind of reminds me of fitzpatrick in the way that he has these prolonged stints of really good play but it never seems to last. The advantage philly has is that foles is still young(ish), a team can look at him and say we can still get 3-4 prime years from him. Why not cash in while his value will very likely never be higher?

Archived