Will Nick Foles be a starter on a team during the 2018 season?

UtahUtesFan

Will Nick Foles be a starter next season?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Will Nick Foles be a starter next season?

I don't know the answer. He wasn't exactly awe inspiring during the regular season and has been a Joe Schmo every year since his second year. But oh my gosh did he have an incredible run in the play offs this year. 

I'd be very weary of paying him long term. I'm not a huge fan of quarterbacks that for the most part are meh but are capable of playing amazing for a couple games in a row.

37 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

or it could be less, foles so far has had an up and down career. even the followup year after the big one wasnt that hot in philly, then we know what happened in st louis. He kind of reminds me of fitzpatrick in the way that he has these prolonged stints of really good play but it never seems to last. The advantage philly has is that foles is still young(ish), a team can look at him and say we can still get 3-4 prime years from him. Why not cash in while his value will very likely never be higher?

I'm assuming Wentz plays.  Obviously if Foles has to spring into action before the deadline it could lower his market value.  But if he doesn't play, the largest influence will be demand (injuries to other QB's or performance of other QB's being the main factors).

57 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'm assuming Wentz plays.  Obviously if Foles has to spring into action before the deadline it could lower his market value.  But if he doesn't play, the largest influence will be demand (injuries to other QB's or performance of other QB's being the main factors).

i think wentz will play maybe even in the preseason. acls arent what thwy used to be, i have a buddy (yes he sits in an office and doesnt play qb in the nfl) who had his acl/lcl done. it was like a 3 hr outpantient procedure, he wore a sleeve for a couple weeks, did pt and he was back to running in 6 weeks. its not an 8-9 month injury for a qb especially imo.

with that said, you more or less know who needs a qb today. if youre waiting a month into the season, youve let those teams fill that spot in some way and are hoping for something to happen. 

17 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i think wentz will play maybe even in the preseason. acls arent what thwy used to be, i have a buddy (yes he sits in an office and doesnt play qb in the nfl) who had his acl/lcl done. it was like a 3 hr outpantient procedure, he wore a sleeve for a couple weeks, did pt and he was back to running in 6 weeks. its not an 8-9 month injury for a qb especially imo.

with that said, you more or less know who needs a qb today. if youre waiting a month into the season, youve let those teams fill that spot in some way and are hoping for something to happen. 

http://www.startribune.com/athletes-recover-from-acl-injuries-eventually/391891671/

Doctors at Northwestern University analyzed orthopedic injuries suffered by 559 NFL athletes, and found the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) tear to be one of the most career-damaging. Those who underwent ACL surgeries needed 378 days to recover, on average, and their careers wound up shorter than those of players recovering from other orthopedic injuries, according to results being printed Thursday in the American Journal of Sports Medicine.

37 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

what time frame did they look at these athletes over? what positions did tbey play? what was they method used to repair the acl ( cadavar,  animal, graft from own body)? all these things are extremely relevant and things have changed on the medical side fairly recently. if youre introducing that article i imagine you have these answers at the ready... otherwise whats the point?

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

what time frame did they look at these athletes over? what positions did tbey play? what was they method used to repair the acl ( cadavar,  animal, graft from own body)? all these things are extremely relevant and things have changed on the medical side fairly recently. if youre introducing that article i imagine you have these answers at the ready... otherwise whats the point?

Yes, I'm sure doctors that work for Northwestern University thought it would be completely frivolous to do this study9_9

2 minutes ago, ILoveTheVikings said:

Yes, I'm sure doctors that work for Northwestern University thought it would be completely frivolous to do this study9_9

seriously? i mean, really?

you dont think its important to know those things? im shocked anyone would read that, treat it as gospel without digging even a little bit deeper 

why would crapaport even consider posting an article saying the eagles would consider trading Foles? The guy wins MVP outscoring Brady and their original starting QB is recovering from an ACL injury.  If they have cap space, why not keep both and go for a repeat? The importance of a 2 good quarterbacks has proven to be a good idea, but as long as egos will allow .  Some teams in history have had 2 good QB's , but the media always turns it into drama and a distraction.

Archived