How good would Antonio Brown be with...

NJniners

Would Antonio Brown still be considered the #1 receiver in the league with these QBs? Or would he suffer? And how would it change that teams fortunes to have him?

Deshone Kizer (Browns)

Andy Dalton (Bengals)

Jimmy Garappolo (49ers)

Tom Brady (Patriots)

Trevor Sieman (Broncos)

Eli Manning (Giants)

5 hours ago, NJniners said:

Would Antonio Brown still be considered the #1 receiver in the league with these QBs? Or would he suffer? And how would it change that teams fortunes to have him?

Deshone Kizer (Browns)

Andy Dalton (Bengals)

Jimmy Garappolo (49ers)

Tom Brady (Patriots)

Trevor Sieman (Broncos)

Eli Manning (Giants)

HOF

HOF

GOAT

HOF

HOF

HOF

Okay so, I think it was two years ago when Big Ben got hurt in a game vs the St. Louis Rams.  Mark Barron hit him on his knee and Ben ended up missing some time.  It's been a while, but I recall Antonio Brown's numbers skydiving pretty significantly.  I believe Michael Vick was the back-up most of the time Ben was out.  I could be wrong about that, but before Ben's injury Brown was putting up his usual Godly statistics.  Once Ben got hurt, Brown was relegated to putting up average at best production.

The only two WR's who I can recall getting consistent great production, in recent memory, even when their QB play was extremely poor is Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson.

43 minutes ago, showtime said:

Okay so, I think it was two years ago when Big Ben got hurt in a game vs the St. Louis Rams.  Mark Barron hit him on his knee and Ben ended up missing some time.  It's been a while, but I recall Antonio Brown's numbers skydiving pretty significantly.  I believe Michael Vick was the back-up most of the time Ben was out.  I could be wrong about that, but before Ben's injury Brown was putting up his usual Godly statistics.  Once Ben got hurt, Brown was relegated to putting up average at best production.

The only two WR's who I can recall getting consistent great production, in recent memory, even when their QB play was extremely poor is Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson.

Good memory, but iffy logic.   Dont get me wrong, having a good QB obviously helps Browns numbers, but you cant really judge is based on such limited examples.  Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson usually practiced more with those crappy QBs because they were the actual starters.   If Brown had to play with, say....Landry Jones, and got a full offseason to practice with him....then it would be easier to gauge the impact.    A game here and there where a QB comes in cold doesnt tell the whole story.

And Vick that season, outside of the 4th quarter of the San Diego game, was laughably bad.   He threw a couple really nice deep passes, but that was it.    He couldnt even hit Brown on 5 yard out routes, and he was asked to do that alot since they tried to simplify the offense for him.

This is what happened when they gave Landry his first start....

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201510250kan.htm

And then last year vs the Pats...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201610230pit.htm

So while his numbers are obviously helped by Ben, he has proven he can play with pretty bad QBs.    Vick is the exception because when Vick played for us, his accuracy was some of the worst accuracy Ive ever seen from an NFL QB.  

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

To be honest if you could create a receiver in a lab specifically to compliment Tom Brady it would be Antonio Brown. 

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

To be honest if you could create a receiver in a lab specifically to compliment Tom Brady it would be Antonio Brown. 

Its like Julian Edelman on steroids

Archived