AFCCG - Jags at Pats

tonyto36

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

How good is your OL? I thought we would get to Ben alot but didnt. Is there any glaring weakness or a pretty strong unit all together?

Solder is a solid tackle. Thuney is up and down. Mason and Andrews played very good ball this year.

The right tackle position however, is a problem. Waddle and Fleming have been sharing time there. Waddle will probably be out against the Jaguars, and Fleming is easily the lesser of the two IMO. Bill will give him help all game, I imagine, as he did when facing Von Miller. 

Said on Felger and Maz this morning that if Pats make it to the superbowl vs Minnesota they're the home team (even though Minne will get their home rooms etc) but if the Eagles make it then they're the home team right? I feel like Pats being the home team is a curse these days.

I think it'll bne a pain in the butt type of game but I just don't see how the Jags will score much, same game plane as the Titans, keep Bortles in the pocket, stuff the run early, get a lead and force them to throw, if Bortles starts running on 3rd and longs and getting 1st downs its gonna be a long night. I think Brady is gonna pick them apart in the middle of the field, if Mitchell is back (and I hope he is) he'll be the guy outside the numbers and will give Cook the ability to get down the field and at worst take away a good corner (thats what I'd have him do anyway)

Is anyone else slightly relieved to playing the Jags? Not because I think they're a bad team - far from it - but because I will mind so much less if we lose. I like the Jags, and obviously I want the Pats to win, but it will be nice to be playing a team I don't actively hate.

Playing the Broncos, Steelers, Colts and Ravens is always so tough, because hatred is exhausting.

11 hours ago, ashnathan said:

Said on Felger and Maz this morning that if Pats make it to the superbowl vs Minnesota they're the home team (even though Minne will get their home rooms etc) but if the Eagles make it then they're the home team right? I feel like Pats being the home team is a curse these days.

I think it'll bne a pain in the butt type of game but I just don't see how the Jags will score much, same game plane as the Titans, keep Bortles in the pocket, stuff the run early, get a lead and force them to throw, if Bortles starts running on 3rd and longs and getting 1st downs its gonna be a long night. I think Brady is gonna pick them apart in the middle of the field, if Mitchell is back (and I hope he is) he'll be the guy outside the numbers and will give Cook the ability to get down the field and at worst take away a good corner (thats what I'd have him do anyway)

Wearing the home jerseys is the curse. Denver opted to wear white in SB50 despite being the designated home team.

Making Bortles throw is the key:

<30 passes: 76/117, 1144 yards, 7 TD, INT, 5-0

>=30 passes: 239/406, 2543 yards, 14 TD, 12 INT, 5-6

Considering how inefficient of a runner Fournette has been (3.3 YPC outside of his monster games against LAR and Pittsburgh), I'm quite confident we can get Bortles to cross that threshold.

Patriots 34 

Jaguars 10 

Will play out similar to the game against us last week. Stop the run, spy Bortles, make him throw, and he won't be able to. Offensively, it will be a matter of time before you wear them down like you did us, though I think it will take just a little bit longer against them. Belichick is light years ahead of Marrone. This won't even be close.

If Mularkey and Lebaue can gameplan to hold Jax to 16 and 10, Belichick and Patricia can certainly do the same.

5 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

Is anyone else slightly relieved to playing the Jags? Not because I think they're a bad team - far from it - but because I will mind so much less if we lose. I like the Jags, and obviously I want the Pats to win, but it will be nice to be playing a team I don't actively hate.

Playing the Broncos, Steelers, Colts and Ravens is always so tough, because hatred is exhausting.

I just don't want good things to happen to the Steelers.

6 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

That is exactly how I feel. If the Patriots can't go all the way, I definitely don't mind any of the remaining teams. It would be different if one of those were some of the usual playoff teams, like the Steelers, Broncos, Packers, Seattle, etc, or teams that have a history with the Patriots like the Colts, Ravens, Jets, Miami or the Giants. 

I'm kind of softening up on the Colts, not enough to not be bugged if they win another superbowl, but I like Luck, Grigson is not there anymore and they kind of suck. 

Archived