thebestever6

Best Game this weekend   

69 members have voted

1. 1. Best game of the weekend

• Eagles/ Falcons
    • Vikings/ Saints
    • Jags/ Steelers

10 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Just wait if the Vikings and Pats are in the SB.  Then I will actually be...hold on, threw up in my mouth a bit there...cheering y'all on.

How is someone with the username "Ragnarok" not a Vikings fan? So confused....

i managed to go a perfect 0 from 4 on teams that i wanted to win this weekend, guess i used all my goodwill on other things (though i did go 2 from 4 game picks if we're talking that way)

in regards to the jags steelers game the steelers played like the 2016 saints and the jags played the role of the cowboys of 2016, ben having to put in a legitimately all time great i'd say passing performance but falling to his team's schlunky defense, here against the run specifically, and needing to play a nigh on perfect game in spite of that

then we had the saints who pulled a vikings and found an incredibly heartbreaking way for them to lose, up against the vikings at minnesota, possibly setting them up to play a home super bowl!!

the steelers gave me so much hope so many times but the jaguars kept putting it just that very minute extra bit out of reach, even with as i said an ATG performance from the very same big ben they massacred last time they played

and what about the vikings game, drew brees coming back from a 17-0 deficit to get the saints all but to the NFCCG, before watching the defense fall to an absolute dime launched by case frickin keenum, compounded by a mad whiff by one of their impressive rookies that helped get them so far

even though both of them lost brees and ben showed they're well away from being forced in to retirement by old age, and keenum and blake showed they can win a super bowl if the breaks go their way and the right pieces surround them. i'm fanboying so very hard rn but this is what football is all about

word

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

How is someone with the username "Ragnarok" not a Vikings fan? So confused....

Because the destruction of the Vikings is a glorious thing(I know it's technically destruction of the gods but whatever)...although maybe not this year if it keeps the Pats from winning again.

Seriously though, because I've always loved older mythology and I've been using this same moniker since 2009 or so.  

14 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

I actually forgot Miami actually won one of the games this season but typically they don't. It's not about me being anti-tax that's not really the case honestly it's about the fact that that division sucks. The Jets still need a coaching change in my opinion but until those teams got much better Talent the Patriots will always control that Division and it is what it is it's not the Patriots fault right but the point being is the Titans were just another nobody. Patriots had no control over who they played other than having gotten the number one seed so it's not their fault that they got an easy game but the fact is that they did

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

I actually forgot Miami actually won one of the games this season but typically they don't. It's not about me being anti-tax that's not really the case honestly it's about the fact that that division sucks. The Jets still need a coaching change in my opinion but until those teams got much better Talent the Patriots will always control that Division and it is what it is it's not the Patriots fault right but the point being is the Titans were just another nobody. Patriots had no control over who they played other than having gotten the number one seed so it's not their fault that they got an easy game but the fact is that they did

During the Belichick/Brady era, the Patriots W/L with AFC East is 79/23, 0.775, the rest of the league is 130/40, 0.765.  Pretty much the same.  But maybe that's too much history, what about recently?  Last 5 years:  AFC East is 28/8, 0.778, the rest of the league is 47/13, 0783.  They also only swept their division twice during the Belichick/Brady era.  Basically, they are rarely ever getting 6 free wins with their own division. 

Also the Patriots had the 23rd hardest schedule in 2017.  Out of all the 13-3 teams only the Vikings had it tougher, but they were tied for 18th - 21st hardest schedule.  Eagles and Steelers had easier schedules.  Sure it wasn't the hardest schedule, but far from the easiest schedule.

But back on topic, the first half of the Vikings/Saints games was boring.  The second half was good and had an amazing finish.  Definitely the more memorable game.  My pick was the Steelers/Jags.  That game entertaining throughout with lots of big plays, back and forth scoring and head scratching coaching.  

18 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

That Vikings/Saints game I'm gonna remember for the rest of my life and I'm not a fan of either team, and I don't even hate the Vikings all that much. 

Easily one of my favorite Packer posters. You want to learn about the Packers follow this guy and @Ketchup

My favorite was the Steelers and Jags. No stress involved for me just some good football.

1. vikes

2. eagles

3. pats

4. jags

Despite the Jags game being won  by  3 points , it was a terrible game and should have been a blow out.  Perfect example of how the score doesn't tell the whole story. Jags played great but the steelers didn't show up until the second half . 

The Vikes game will always be remembered , what a game and final play with perfect throw. 

12 minutes ago, areksoo said:

During the Belichick/Brady era, the Patriots W/L with AFC East is 79/23, 0.775, the rest of the league is 130/40, 0.765.  Pretty much the same.  But maybe that's too much history, what about recently?  Last 5 years:  AFC East is 28/8, 0.778, the rest of the league is 47/13, 0783.  They also only swept their division twice during the Belichick/Brady era.  Basically, they are rarely ever getting 6 free wins with their own division. 

Thank you for dispelling this often-uttered nonsense.

AFC East has been one of the strongest-performing divisions of the past couple decades, when you look at W-L outside of the division.

15 minutes ago, Starless said:

Eagles/Falcons was worse than Pats/Titans because at least one of the teams in the latter looked competent.

Yeah, Eagles defense definitely looked incompetent.

You'd think a Pats fan of all people would know the Eagles have the formula for being a dangerous playoff team. If you can consistently rush the passer successfully with 4, you have a chance. 

Archived