Titans Head Coaching Search 2018

KingTitan

45 minutes ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

26804543_1652701231492918_24893774062748

Thank you, he’s a good coach but to me he’s not great, he comes up short a lot wit all that talent. He’s not bad but like I said that’s more so due to the fact he has a top 5 QB. Too me all that talent he should at least have 2-3 rings but like I said maybe it’s cause he’s in the era of the hoodie & the goat. 

45 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Nice.

Now make one of these for every current coach not named Bill Belichick and tell me how it looks.

You got a point as well ? maybe it’s just the Belichick Era & I’m too harsh on em. I wasn’t impressed by tony dungy nor Peyton Manning, to me if you’re great it carries over to the post season 

25 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Whoever we get in a new coach we need to find a guy who can give Casey some rest. We rely on that poor guy to do everything. I was responding to a guy in NFL gen who asked for snap counts/playing time on a few interior d-linemen and noticed Casey played the most snaps in the NFL last year among interior defensive lineman..and by a lot. He had 988 snaps. The next closest guy was Hicks in Chicago at 900. We played 1090 defensive snaps this year, so Casey was on the field for 90.64% of our defensive snaps.

That guy is obviously wrong.  Casey played 867 snaps, which is under 80% of our defensive snaps.  There were about 10 DL that played more snaps than him, including DEs and other interior guys like Suh, Williams (NYJ).

Just now, ragevsuall17 said:

That guy is obviously wrong.  Casey played 867 snaps, which is under 80% of our defensive snaps.  There were about 10 DL that played more snaps than him, including DEs and other interior guys like Suh, Williams (NYJ).

That guy is me, and someone is drastically wrong somewhere. This is what PFF has:

7Y1D0BMTQ-GCj9067Z3jpg.png

36 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I was so confused by Tomlin's decision to run out the clock trying to score 10 points in one play on Sunday.  You kick the FG at 32 seconds and then at least have a prayer with an on-side recovery.  Just a simple decision but I see so many coaches screw it up.

His bigger mistake was trying the onside after getting within 7. You gotta kick it deep there because, regardless of everything else, they needed Jax to go 3-and-out or else they would've been able to kill the clock.

Cruddy onside + penalty let them kick the clinching FG

32 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I was so confused by Tomlin's decision to run out the clock trying to score 10 points in one play on Sunday.  You kick the FG at 32 seconds and then at least have a prayer with an on-side recovery.  Just a simple decision but I see so many coaches screw it up.

Ya the whole scenario was a train wreck on the Steelers side of it. They had 2 timeouts and the 2 min warning before they decided to kick the onside kick. If you kick it deep you atleast on a PR have a chance at decent field position. You could of had the Jags punting the ball with 2:00 on the clock if all went right. 

Instead they onside kick it don’t get it. Now your hoping for a stop and on the punt you are potentially inside your own 10. 

Jags run the first play and the Steelers don’t call any timeouts they left the clock run to the 2min warning. There was like 2:30 2:20 in that neighborhood I believe when the Jags started the drive.

Jags run 2 more plays after the 2 min warning then the Steelers finally use the timeouts and end up giving up a FG.

Once the Steelers took the penalty near the 10 yard line they should of kicked the FG and attempted the miracle onside kick.

To further the dumb decisions by the Steelers they don’t even onside kick the ball with 1 sec left they squib it all the way down the field right to a Jaguars returner

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

His bigger mistake was trying the onside after getting within 7. You gotta kick it deep there because, regardless of everything else, they needed Jax to go 3-and-out or else they would've been able to kill the clock.

Cruddy onside + penalty let them kick the clinching FG

I'm not defending Tomlin as I'm not really a fan of his (see sideline trip), but I can see why he went for the onside kick. He just didn't trust his defense...which I can't really blame him for after letting Bortles and co. drop 40. I don't agree with the decision and personally would have kicked it deep too, but I can see his reasoning behind the call.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

To further the dumb decisions by the Steelers they don’t even onside kick the ball with 1 sec left they squib it all the way down the field right to a Jaguars returner

That was the only thing that made sense to me, actually.  The kicking team can't advance an onside recovered kick.  The announcers failed to mention it (surprise, surprise).  Their only hope at that point was that the Jags would make some attempt to return it and fumble it.  Then, and only then, could the Steelers return it for a TD.

Link

1. Quote

A kickoff is illegal unless it travels 10 yards OR is touched by the receiving team. Once the ball is touched by the receiving team or has gone 10 yards, it is a free ball. Receivers may recover and advance. Kicking team may recover but NOT advance UNLESS receiver had possession and lost the ball.

Edited by titanrick

8 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I'm not defending Tomlin as I'm not really a fan of his (see sideline trip), but I can see why he went for the onside kick. He just didn't trust his defense...which I can't really blame him for after letting Bortles and co. drop 40. I don't agree with the decision and personally would have kicked it deep too, but I can see his reasoning behind the call.

I get that, but it didn't really matter. Like I said, a Jags 1st down was gonna win then the game, so the D needed to show up either way. Kicking it deep removed the chance of a long FG if they went the needed 3-and-out

9 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Random comment: Reading through the Jags forum and their GDT thread against New England and it is eerily similar to ours lol. I think they get blown out like us and will soon learn too that, "hope is a dangerous thing"

Naw I think it’ll be much closer. People can say what they want about Jacksonville’s defense but they know how to get to the QB and they know how to lock down receivers. Sure they may have an off game but for the most part, they’re elite. I guarantee you Brady won’t be sitting back there all day having lunch. If Bortles doesn’t suck, I think they have a good shot to win.