Todd Haley Leaving Pittsburgh; QB coach Randy Fichtner to replace him

The Gnat

5 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Completely agree.  Do whatever it takes to win the game. 

or lose on purpose to get OC fired, throw them under the bus as many say he has done several times over the years. If I was the QB it would have ben a QB sneak and I'm not 18/19 either :ph34r: . Then again, we have the best RB and 3 pro bowlers on the OL, why not run /dive over the pile? 

That was a bad, one of the many low points in that game.

8 hours ago, 3rivers said:

or lose on purpose to get OC fired, throw them under the bus as many say he has done several times over the years. If I was the QB it would have ben a QB sneak and I'm not 18/19 either :ph34r: . Then again, we have the best RB and 3 pro bowlers on the OL, why not run /dive over the pile? 

That was a bad, one of the many low points in that game.

Ben's a competitor, no way he'd mess that up just make Haley look bad.  (That's easy enough without creating something)  I think he was completely out of the habit after not doing it for 3 years.  Maybe he forgot that was an option. ;)  Either way, bad game calling. 

1 hour ago, JLambert58 said:

Ben's a competitor, no way he'd mess that up just make Haley look bad.  (That's easy enough without creating something)  I think he was completely out of the habit after not doing it for 3 years.  Maybe he forgot that was an option. ;)  Either way, bad game calling. 

If you don't run it in practice ever because you don't plan on using it, it's hard for the linemen to know who they're picking up and for the QB to know where and how to hit the line. He can't just call a play that they never worked on in practice together.

19 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

If you say so.  I know a lot more about this team than you do.  

I didn't complain about putting 40 on the Jags.  I said the team couldn't score 30 until the 10th game of the season.  Haley was bad in the first half of the season.  

But the team got hot when it mattered ? How can you be so blind to your nitpicking? There is no perfect co-coordinator outside bellichek 

3 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

If you don't run it in practice ever because you don't plan on using it, it's hard for the linemen to know who they're picking up and for the QB to know where and how to hit the line. He can't just call a play that they never worked on in practice together.

Good point.  That's on the coaches if they never practiced it.  Big oversight not to at least have it as an option. 

3 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

But the team got hot when it mattered ? How can you be so blind to your nitpicking? There is no perfect co-coordinator outside bellichek 

He had 4 total 30 point games out of 16 on the season. I could see the reasoning if they were consecutive at the end of the season, but it wasn't. The team put up 42 against Jacksonville, but that was more of an anomaly and he actually prevented more points by his poor playcalling on short yardage in particular. Mind you, the offense had 2 turnovers to go along with 2 more turnovers on downs. Those turnovers directly led to one touchdown and then indirectly for another TD (17 yard line turnover). Once you consider that the 4th down turnovers led to TD drives, lucky 4th down TDs, and TDs out of no huddle (don't remember which drives were no huddle, but at least 2 TDs) I think he'd be lucky if you attribute somewhere in the 20s of points to the offensive production.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

is this when the QB calls time out or signals to the coach that we should QB sneak? That play was a low point in the game, many to chose from so don't ask where it ranks

On 1/18/2018 at 7:18 PM, JLambert58 said:

Completely agree.  Do whatever it takes to win the game. 

You know that we have enough of these types of fans that it would be annoying:

Ben doesn't sneak -

OMG what are they doing, Tomlin should be fired.  Worst coach ever.  Won't let his QB sneak.

Ben sneaks on his own and doesn't make it -

Tomlin's lost control of this team.  His QB is calling the shots and won't listen to coaches.  Terrible coach, should be fired.

Ben sneaks on his own ad does get it -

Great play by Ben to ignore his coaches.  We should fire Tomlin.  He's usless for not letting his QB try it in the first place.