NFL News & Notes

Leader

25 minutes ago, Leader said:

The Browns have decided to officially part ways with assistant GM Elliot Wolf and VP/personnel Alonzo Highsmith now that Andrew Berry has been hired as GM.

My my my, how the tables have turned.

God, I hate that saying now (thanks State Farm guy).

Just now, Kenrik said:

This would be a bad move to bring Wolf back? Right?

He left because there was no upward mobility for him right? Whats changed?
I dont know what title he held with CLE - but it would have to be a lateral move for him to come back no? In which case, again, what's changed?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

This would be a bad move to bring Wolf back? Right?

I can't imagine he'd come back.  I think part of the reason why he left was that his path forward was blocked as long as Gute was the GM.  There really wasn't any room for advancement.  And given that the Packers have essentially already promoted the guys that were behind him, it's hard to envision a scenario in which he comes back.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I can't imagine he'd come back.  I think part of the reason why he left was that his path forward was blocked as long as Gute was the GM.  There really wasn't any room for advancement.  And given that the Packers have essentially already promoted the guys that were behind him, it's hard to envision a scenario in which he comes back.

Yes, I agree with all of this. I wonder where Elliot will wind up. You think he'd be following Dorsey but who knows if hes getting a job anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Kenrik said:

Yes, I agree with all of this. I wonder where Elliot will wind up. You think he'd be following Dorsey but who knows if hes getting a job anytime soon.

Well both Highsmith and Wolf out.  Grass isn't always greener.  Liked Highsmith but Wolf not so much.  Don't think he was good at evaluating talent.  Doubt either comes back.  Might be awhile before Wolf finds work.  Can ride on Daddy's coattails for only so long.  Personally felt they really blew it with all that draft capital in Cleveland.  Had a chance to trade down for multiple high picks and really remake the roster.  Instead they walked away with Mayfield and Ward at #1 and #4.  Piss poor use of resources IMO.   

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Well both Highsmith and Wolf out.  Grass isn't always greener.  Liked Highsmith but Wolf not so much.  Don't think he was good at evaluating talent.  Doubt either comes back.  Might be awhile before Wolf finds work.  Can ride on Daddy's coattails for only so long.  Personally felt they really blew it with all that draft capital in Cleveland.  Had a chance to trade down for multiple high picks and really remake the roster.  Instead they walked away with Mayfield and Ward at #1 and #4.  Piss poor use of resources IMO.   

I’m curious what evidence you are using to differentiate them?

Andrew Brandt -  Got a few calls from reporters this week asking about Patrick Mahomes future contract negotiation. Story narratives are "the contract's going to be craaaazzzzyy!" Not really. Whatever it is, it will be on Chiefs terms, unless he waits. Two years - plus Tags - left on deal.