NFL News & Notes

Leader

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Mason Rudolph -  1000% False. Bold-Faced Lie. I did not, have not, and would not utter a racial-slur. This is a disgusting and reckless attempt to assassinate my character.

////////////

I obviously dont know Rudolph, but I dont believe Garrett's story. 

He says Rudolph said this to him when being tackled - not while they were fighting or struggling on the ground and not after he'd been konked on the head with his helmet. Why? It makes no sense. None of the people around heard it and it wasnt picked up on audio. I dont think it happened. 

The real question is why did Rudolph call him a "chink" during the altercation?

I can't even blame Garrett too much for that accusation.  It's a very common thing to try to come up with something equally offensive when guilty of something.  The more egregious the offense, the more egregious the accusation.  I remember when I was in the 6th grade there was a kid nobody liked and we were all sliding on this slab of ice on the playground.  I slid on it right into the kid nobody liked.  I wasn't trying to hurt him, I just slid into him since he took a little longer to get off the end than I anticipated, so I ended up kicking him in the face.  He was used to being bullied, so he smacked me in my face.  I felt bad for running into him so I didn't retaliate, but one of the teachers saw it and we both got brought to the principle's office.  He insisted and insisted that I hit him three times, which at the time I thought was absurd.  Afterwards I realized he was trying to justify the punch so he wouldn't get into trouble. 

Another time I threw a rock at a kid's face because I didn't like the way he looked.  I was probably 4 or 5 or 6.  A couple other kids saw it, caused a stir, so I said he threw a rock at me first. 

Garrett knew he ****ed up bad, so in the heat of the moment he tried to create justification for it. 

What he did wasn't as bad as a Jussie Smollet type thing.  He's just trying to rationalize and justify in irrational act that cannot be justified. 

EDIT: Not trying to defend the behavior necessarily. Garrett full out assaulted a man physically as well and also assaulted someone’s character.  It’s just that people do crazy things when they know they’re in big trouble.  

Also, I got away with the rock throwing incident.  I had a thing for throwing rocks at people when I was a kid apparently.  Parents had to keep an eye on me because I liked throwing rocks at old people especially.  

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I can't even blame Garrett too much for that accusation.  It's a very common thing to try to come up with something equally offensive when guilty of something.  The more egregious the offense, the more egregious the accusation.  I remember when I was in the 6th grade there was a kid nobody liked and we were all sliding on this slab of ice on the playground.  I slid on it right into the kid nobody liked.  I wasn't trying to hurt him, I just slid into him since he took a little longer to get off the end than I anticipated, so I ended up kicking him in the face.  He was used to being bullied, so he smacked me in my face.  I felt bad for running into him so I didn't retaliate, but one of the teachers saw it and we both got brought to the principle's office.  He insisted and insisted that I hit him three times, which at the time I thought was absurd.  Afterwards I realized he was trying to justify the punch so he wouldn't get into trouble. 

Another time I threw a rock at a kid's face because I didn't like the way he looked.  I was probably 4 or 5 or 6.  A couple other kids saw it, caused a stir, so I said he threw a rock at me first. 

Garrett knew he ****ed up bad, so in the heat of the moment he tried to create justification for it. 

What he did wasn't as bad as a Jussie Smollet type thing.  He's just trying to rationalize and justify in irrational act that cannot be justified. 

EDIT: Not trying to defend the behavior necessarily. Garrett full out assaulted a man physically as well and also assaulted someone’s character.  It’s just that people do crazy things when they know they’re in big trouble.  

Also, I got away with the rock throwing incident.  I had a thing for throwing rocks at people when I was a kid apparently.  Parents had to keep an eye on me because I liked throwing rocks at old people especially.  

This explains your infatuation with cutting Rodgers. Thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Maybe u still do?

So let me get this straight. Garrett is saying this happened during the sack. I'm not a sports psychologist, but it simply makes no sense. Those that played sports would understand exactly what I'm saying. Before the play or after the play, and I'll listen to your story. During the play ? No way.

9 hours ago, cannondale said:

So let me get this straight. Garrett is saying this happened during the sack. I'm not a sports psychologist, but it simply makes no sense. Those that played sports would understand exactly what I'm saying. Before the play or after the play, and I'll listen to your story. During the play ? No way.

Obviously I doubt it happened, but considering the nature of the sack, you don't see anyway he said something along the lines of, "Get off me *slur*" as he was being swung around. 

10 hours ago, coachbuns said:

He'd be running for his life at the 1st pebble thrown ... it wouldn't even have to hit him.

@Norm couldn't run for his life if he wanted. All his years and time spent smoking cigarettes and posting on sports chat forums has ruined his ability to run.  Its probably why @Outpost31 doesnt have him on his list. Its a symphathy thing. Very admirable of him. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

@Norm couldn't run for his life if he wanted. All his years and time spent smoking cigarettes and posting on sports chat forums has ruined his ability to run.  Its probably why @Outpost31 doesnt have him on his list. Its a symphathy thing. Very admirable of him. 

Also my 30 pound beer guy doesn't help

• Like 1