NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

? I wasnt considering that LV would swap trade Carr for AR. I've no clue how this would go down, but I'm thinking LV releases Carr and trades for AR. Do they have the cap space for AR? I've not checked. Just saying, AR could help that offense a great deal. With the spread of weapons they now have? Oh yeah.

They have a ton of cap space after releasing Carr. 

Jordan Love, next HOF Packer quarterback. 

4 hours ago, Striker said:

They at least can get away from Carr's contract. They're stuck with McDaniels. They're almost certainly going to drop the next two games, so they could maybe get as high as 6-7 so they'll have a shot at a QB if they want one. And they'll have the cap room to add pieces but it just depends on if those pieces can overcome McDaniels and whichever rookie QB they roll out.

...unless they trade for Rodgers which I guess is possible but Rodgers seems to be enjoying himself here now so...

It actually might be Brady joining McDaniels in Vegas.

16 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

LV is 6-9 with a -2 point differential. 

MIN is 12-3 with a +5 point differential. 

A 6 game and 7 point difference. 

The NFL is random and weird.

Both defenses suck IMO...the primary difference (in my mind) is Cousins vastly outplaying Carr.

16 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Love has little leverage to sitting another year. I'm all in on trading Rodgers.

Per your previous post, I don't think Adams dissed Rodgers at all and I don't think Rodgers took it as such. Even though he's very temperamental. 
If Rodgers is agreeable to a trade, he'd go to Vegas in a minute. We're sending Bak and Aaron Jones with him. Jacobs is a free agent and their o-line sucks. 

Find me the last time a team traded a high end QB, elite LT and elite RB at the same time to one team.

I wouldn't mind if it happened, but let's be realistic here.  What is a compensation package for that haul anyway?

The NFL isn't Madden.  Trades like that just do not happen.  At least that I can remember.

16 hours ago, Old Guy said:

First of all, I'd expect more than a 1st for Rodgers if he agrees to at least 2 years with them. So, I'd take a 1, 2 and 3 and call it good. I think that is fair, might be cheap too. 

I honestly am not the best at evaluating trade values as I tend to over value our players. Although I thought what we scored for Adams was spot on. 

If we would do that deal, for that compensation, I'm all in on "Fire Gute".

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

If we would do that deal, for that compensation, I'm all in on "Fire Gute".

So, I admit this 'trade' is about as likely as Salma Hayek looking me up, but...... 

See the source image

In a hypothetical situation what compensation do you think we should get for a QB who has 2 years left, tops. A LT with a bad knee on the wrong side of 30. Plus, a RB who is 6 years into his career. 

I mean, I'd love to get more but thought that was too much in reality.

Also, for those who are saying the Raiders are too cash strapped to do this deal are wrong. What they save between moving Carr and not having to pay a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick bonuses is less cash out of pocket than if they stay the course. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

So, I admit this 'trade' is about as likely as Salma Hayek looking me up, but...... 

See the source image

In a hypothetical situation what compensation do you think we should get for a QB who has 2 years left, tops. A LT with a bad knee on the wrong side of 30. Plus, a RB who is 6 years into his career. 

I mean, I'd love to get more but thought that was too much in reality.

Also, for those who are saying the Raiders are too cash strapped to do this deal are wrong. What they save between moving Carr and not having to pay a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick bonuses is less cash out of pocket than if they stay the course. 

Perfect picture for that proposed trade.

So, now we've identified that this is "Madden-esque".  Going on that assumption, I'd propose this.

HOF QB with multiple years left on his deal.  Elite LT with multiple years left on his deal, and it's team friendly.  Elite RB with multiple years left on his deal and it's kindda team friendly.

The first thing I take is Max Crosby.  And I'll use Bakh to cancel him out.

Then I'm going to need a minimum of a first and a second for Rodgers.  And a minimum of a third for Jones.  (And that seems light for him.)

So to me, it starts with Crosby, a first a second and a third.  And if I'm being fair, that doesn't seem like enough for the three guys we are giving up.

And even then, it would be a a trade unlike anything that I can remember seeing in terms of multiple stars being shipped via the same trade deal.

If you're looking for a QB to throw picks, Derek Carr and Jordan Love are your documented guys.

Carr leads the NFL in picks this year

Love led the NFL in picks in his opportunity this past preseason, and led the NCAA in picks his final year in college.

Well see what the Packers do, but those are big red flags for mediocrity.  Need to have a backup plan for it.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Perfect picture for that proposed trade.

So, now we've identified that this is "Madden-esque".  Going on that assumption, I'd propose this.

HOF QB with multiple years left on his deal.  Elite LT with multiple years left on his deal, and it's team friendly.  Elite RB with multiple years left on his deal and it's kindda team friendly.

The first thing I take is Max Crosby.  And I'll use Bakh to cancel him out.

Then I'm going to need a minimum of a first and a second for Rodgers.  And a minimum of a third for Jones.  (And that seems light for him.)

So to me, it starts with Crosby, a first a second and a third.  And if I'm being fair, that doesn't seem like enough for the three guys we are giving up.

And even then, it would be a a trade unlike anything that I can remember seeing in terms of multiple stars being shipped via the same trade deal.

I think you over value what Bak and Rodgers are worth at this point in their respective careers. 

Given how little wear and tear Jones has had in his six years and what San Fran gave up for McCaffrey, I think you undervalued him a little bit. 

Getting back to reality, I do think Rodgers lands in Vegas, if we move him at all. Which I am hopeful we will move on from him. 

Just now, NFLGURU said:

If you're looking for a QB to throw picks, Derek Carr and Jordan Love are your documented guys.

Carr leads the NFL in picks this year

Love led the NFL in picks in his opportunity this past preseason, and led the NCAA in picks his final year in college.

Well see what the Packers do, but those are big red flags for mediocrity.  Need to have a backup plan for it.

We know, you hate Jordan Love. Thanks for chiming in again about a quarterback who has had very little chance to show his skills. Also, how many picks did he throw in the one regular season game he played this year? 

Now please go back to his final year of college to 'reinforce' your bias. A year when he had no talent around him and was in survival mode. Totally discount 2018 when he was 32/6 when he had a talented team. You understand the QB position is dependent upon the talent around you do you not?

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I think you over value what Bak and Rodgers are worth at this point in their respective careers. 

Given how little wear and tear Jones has had in his six years and what San Fran gave up for McCaffrey, I think you undervalued him a little bit. 

Getting back to reality, I do think Rodgers lands in Vegas, if we move him at all. Which I am hopeful we will move on from him. 

I could be overvaluing Rodgers.  I don't think I am with Bakh.  He's not playing now because of a freak medical issue.  When he played this year, he was one of the best LT's in the game.  And he is not old.  And he keeps getting farther and farther away from his knee injury.

Rodgers is the wild card, for sure.  And yeah, I too felt like I undervalued Jones.  He hasn't been overused and he still has an elite explosive gear to him.

I don't think McDaniels will want Rodgers as their first option.  I think he wants Brady.  But, that is just what I think, I could be off base there.  

And I'm squarely in the camp of Rodgers being here next year for his final year.  With Love.  Then Love takes over.

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

We know, you hate Jordan Love. Thanks for chiming in again about a quarterback who has had very little chance to show his skills. Also, how many picks did he throw in the one regular season game he played this year? 

Now please go back to his final year of college to 'reinforce' your bias. A year when he had no talent around him and was in survival mode. Totally discount 2018 when he was 32/6 when he had a talented team. You understand the QB position is dependent upon the talent around you do you not?

It (Love) isn't worth arguing about.

Given what he did in college and what he has done in the NFL...to date, you can make the case for whatever side you wish to be on.  Both sides have facts to help out their argument.

I lean towards Love being good right now, based on his play this year with the 1's and the natural development of QB's and players in general.

But I also cannot fully discount the other side.