NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Did you read the article? Becton was told to play and the coaches didn’t give a flip. 

Z’s issues were money, not getting captain, etc. also to my knowledge becton isn’t on social getting captain chains and doing that nonsense.

Also Cobb himself called coming back to GB like getting out of prison. Greg Jennings himself has also stated publicly that he was upset with GB because he had it good here. When he got to Minn, he was happier because they have great facilities etc… but he has said GB is just different.

So yes I can look at multiple touch points and read tea leaves. Also I would imagine this is why Matt’s brother and his staff got fired on offense because they are doing this stuff.

GB isnt perfect and the biggest issue seems to be how heartless the front office is… not how the coaching staff and training staff put players at risk…

It was Bennett who said he forced to play hurt and made his injury worse. I blended the two. Z still whined. I don't buy either of them much. Not saying it's real. If those guys said those same things about the Jets instead of us, we wouldn't have defended the Jets. That's all I'm saying.

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

It was Bennett who said he forced to play hurt and made his injury worse. I blended the two. Z still whined. I don't buy either of them much. Not saying it's real. If those guys said those same things about the Jets instead of us, we wouldn't have defended the Jets. That's all I'm saying.

Not that it matters, but....what I found interesting about the article was that Beckton was 400 pounds or so.  Then he hired a training agency and is now looking very fit and trim at 340 or so.  Looks like a new man.

Gotta be better for his knees.

And.....I hope those same people tell Rodgers to keep playing when he is dinged up!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think it’s a player by player based thing. To me Z was creditable when he was with GB (because there was no issues with the ravens or packers to that point) and it was weird that the situation turned at quick as it did. Since then he has proven to be not creditable and just a hired gun type player. His loyalties are bought and sold. And the second he isn’t getting the money HE feels he is worth he becomes an issue culture wise.

Bennett is another thing completely. He had issues ever stop sans NE, if memory serves correct. And that’s likely because winning SBs fix a lot. But there was weirdness in DAL, GB and CHI. That screams to me he isn’t creditable.

For Becton, this is the first thing. Time might prove him to be not creditable. But given the franchise dis function I tend to side with the player. If Becton was on PIT and doing this… history tells me to side with the Steelers.

I look at past history as that TENDS to be the best predictor for future outcomes. So that’s why I’m more willing to give some players or franchises the benefit of the doubt over others.

Edited by Green19

2 hours ago, Green19 said:

GB isnt perfect and the biggest issue seems to be how heartless the front office is… 

That's out of Rodgers' mouth though, I'm not saying GB is great but I'm also betting that they're probably more along the lines of league average as far as not giving players a card and flowers when they cut them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Refugee said:

That Seattle collapse was the year we had the offense and defense to go all the way, made the complete circus of horrors and series unfortunate events sting even more. 

It was a horror show and I can remember at least 6 plays where if they didn't go Seattle's way GB wins. Like any one of the 6, not all 6 (the 2 pt conversion, the int slide, the onside kick...eh, ok that's only 3 but I know there were more) 

21 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

That's out of Rodgers' mouth though, I'm not saying GB is great but I'm also betting that they're probably more along the lines of league average as far as not giving players a card and flowers when they cut them. 

I agree… but I do know Greg Jennings mentioned this as another player.

But again I think this comes from a weird positive. I think guys really love being in GB. They love the culture and everything.

And they get very upset that they have to move on.

GB does a great job of caring for players and pairing personalities types. I can’t speak for other franchises, but the players seem to be very close on GB…. Look at the Rodgers’ click.

I don’t see that on other teams. Sans Dak and Zeke, I can’t think of players being like crazy super close.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

It was a horror show and I can remember at least 6 plays where if they didn't go Seattle's way GB wins. Like any one of the 6, not all 6 (the 2 pt conversion, the int slide, the onside kick...eh, ok that's only 3 but I know there were more) 

15 yard roughing…and wasn’t there a late interceptor where we downed the ball (to prevent a turnover I guess) only to go three and out?

2 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Fake punt, or FG for a TD.  

17 hours ago, vegas492 said:

13.5 sacks in 2019.  55 tackles.  37 QB hits.  17 TFL.

12.5 sacks in 2020.  52 tackles.  23 QB hits.  12 TFL.

Nothing in 2021 due to injury.

Z had a great 2 year run in GB.  Man, really wish that back hadn't become an issue.

Yup, he did have 2 good years not just one.  That being said, didn't his back issue come from his own off season training lifting weights?  Not being named captain, not playing due to his weight lifting injury and  the unknown of how bad his back injury were all factors in him leaving.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Yup, he did have 2 good years not just one.  That being said, didn't his back issue come from his own off season training lifting weights?  Not being named captain, not playing due to his weight lifting injury and  the unknown of how bad his back injury were all factors in him leaving.

I don't know where his back issue came from.  The only place I've read where that injury came from his own training was on here, though maybe someone else read it somewhere.

Regarding the captain stuff?  Again, I don't keep up much with Twatter or things like that, so I don't know where that came from either.  

But let's be clear.  Dude was a stud for 2 years.  Injured for a year.  He was 3 years into a 4 year deal.  He probably wanted more money, very high end money, and we weren't going to give it to him due to age and injury.  Oh, and we were not in a great cap situation.  Either he needed to go, or P needed to go.  P was healthier and I dare say, less expensive.

Business move.  He can feel slighted.  But in the end, it was business.  Even if he back was just fine, I feel like GB would have had a hard time giving him a new deal and keeping him around.

• Like 1