NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

How far do I drop Breece Hall on my fantasy draft big board?

Dalvin might be semi-washed. Still a dangerous homerun guy, but he wasn't the same player last year. Hall must not be ready, otherwise this move doesn't make a lot of sense to me. 

49 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Dalvin might be semi-washed. Still a dangerous homerun guy, but he wasn't the same player last year. Hall must not be ready, otherwise this move doesn't make a lot of sense to me. 

Rodgers cleared cap space.  A move like this was almost a certainty

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Rodgers cleared cap space.  A move like this was almost a certainty

1 minute ago, mikebpackfan said:

Jets using that Cap money from Rodgers…wasting-money-toilet.gif

A fool and their money! I think that is how the saying goes. 

At least they can say they are, "all in!" LOL

I'm less sure than you guys that Cook is cooked. I don't know, but he's been a really talented back over his career.  Has run behind a lot of really bad o-lines, which has hurt his career stats.  Last week he was still only 27 years old.  8 months younger than Aaron Jones, who the Packers are still counting on to be a major part of our offense.  I don't know anything, so maybe you guys are right and he's trash; but it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't still a smart, capable back who's perfectly average and usable.   

38 minutes ago, craig said:

I'm less sure than you guys that Cook is cooked. I don't know, but he's been a really talented back over his career.  Has run behind a lot of really bad o-lines, which has hurt his career stats.  Last week he was still only 27 years old.  8 months younger than Aaron Jones, who the Packers are still counting on to be a major part of our offense.  I don't know anything, so maybe you guys are right and he's trash; but it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't still a smart, capable back who's perfectly average and usable.   

He's not quite the back he was. Still he rushed for over 1100 yards last year behind a not great offensive line. 

1 hour ago, craig said:

At almost 9 million .. he'd better be more than perfectly average and usable.  All in now for sure cuz in a couple years it's back to sucking for them.

31 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I just question signing any RB when they also drafted Israel Abanikanda.  That dude is good.  They needed to spend some of that money on OL.

They also have Michael Carter who they seem to like a lot. The only plausible explanation is Hall is not where they thought he'd be in his recovery. Yet, he's just been reinstated to the roster from PUP as of today. 

This one smells a little too much like Aaron Rodgers putting his finger on the scale to get Cook in NY. 

They almost have to keep 4 RBs with the talent at the position. 

15 hours ago, craig said:

He lost a step last year, but was still just fine.  And tough.

The problem is that the Jets o-line may be even worse than the Vikings o-line.

So what exactly is the timeline in the Cook exodus from Minnesota?

Is it just as simple as they think Mattison is better?  At that point, why release him? He costs 5 million and change against their cap to not play for them.  Spotrac has the Vikings with about 9 million left to spend, so his contract should have fit? Or did he have an Aaron Jones huge deal and the penalty is only 5 million?