NFL News & Notes

Leader

9 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/packers-fans-illegal-streams

Relevant article on illegal streaming. 

Between the cable companies and the NFL, I can't decide which I should feel less sympathy for.  The illegal streaming industry came into existence as a direct result of leagues like the NFL and EPL having no interest in providing a reasonable package for remote fans to watch their teams.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/packers-fans-illegal-streams

Relevant article on illegal streaming. 

I love how they always phrase it "losing x-amount of cash due to illegal streams" when what they mean is they're not gaining that cash. If i wasn't watching streams it doesn't mean I'd pay for their service. It's already expensive enough having gamepass. I'd be more than content watching games after the fact.. until they up the price. Then I guess I'll get into hiking of some ****.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I love how they always phrase it "losing x-amount of cash due to illegal streams" when what they mean is they're not gaining that cash. If i wasn't watching streams it doesn't mean I'd pay for their service. It's already expensive enough having gamepass. I'd be more than content watching games after the fact.. until they up the price. Then I guess I'll get into hiking of some ****.

Not only that, but they also assume everyone who is streaming would pay the outrageous price if they couldn't stream. A very significant % of illegal streamers would just stop watching (and therefore stop spending on things like jerseys and other crap) if they couldn't watch for free.

• Like 1

Am I not remembering last season or something?

Why are people suddenly surprised by Brock Purdy?

I thought it was established last year that he was legit.

Also, quarterbacks are easy to come by and I  toad a so.

1 quarterback over 100 passer rating.
4 over 90.
19 over 80.

4 over 100.
10 over 90
21 over 80

6 over 100
18 0ver 90
29 over 80

The day of the "franchise quarterback" is over.

The only thing that sets a team apart right now is how much they're paying their quarterback.

Draft OT/DL/EDGE/CB/QB in one.
Draft skills in round two.
Draft skills in round three.
Draft BPA in the rest of the rounds.
Retain your best players for their second contract. Let them go on their third contract.
Trade your QB before paying him (since there will always be roughly 10 teams who blame their incompetence on their QB and are poorly run franchises who will overpay).

It's not hard to find franchise quarterbacks anymore. The only thing that's difficult is waiting until they're ready or having a team/offensive minded coach who can make sure they are.

12 minutes ago, MacReady said:

Am I not remembering last season or something?

Why are people suddenly surprised by Brock Purdy?

I thought it was established last year that he was legit.

It's easy to think someone's a fluke when drafted in the 7th round, put in only because disaster befell those above him on the depth chart, and had a solid-at-worst team surrounding him. It really takes a sustained full season or two before the casual fan wises up.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Not sure why YouTube TV didn't just offer a package for each team for Sunday Ticket.  I think they'd get more money if it was affordable on a per team basis.  I can see bars wanting all the games, but for your average Joe, most just want to watch their team.

Welcome to the NFL Restaurant! I’m your host, Roger. Let’s hug to celebrate your being here even though I don’t know you.

At this table the Dolphins meal is free but your server interrupts you for three minutes every five minutes.

At that table the Packers meal is free but your server interrupts for three minutes every five minutes to remind you “One call, that’s all!”

Oh, you can pay to enjoy the other meals as long as you buy ALL the other meals.

Please, sir! It is NOT a stupid policy! Last year we made 12 billion dollars so, respectfully, suck it!

• Like 2