NFL News & Notes

Leader

I have long been an advocate for single-game PPV.  I get most of the Packers games locally.  I don't need to pay for the ticket.  I also don't want to pay for cable, so I miss most MNF games.  My choices are:  Pay for cable or an ESPN streaming service.  Stream illegally.  Go to the bar.  Most of the time, on a Monday night, I choose option two.  Most streams also still show all the commercials, so my eyes are still on the ads.  But I would still pay 10-20 dollars for a single game.  I just don't want to have a huge cable bill, or subscribe to another streaming service.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

It's easy to think someone's a fluke when drafted in the 7th round, put in only because disaster befell those above him on the depth chart, and had a solid-at-worst team surrounding him. It really takes a sustained full season or two before the casual fan wises up.

Living out here and being a confirmed 9ers hater,  I’ve watched a lot of his games. I kept waiting for him to crumble but he has gotten better. He can make quick decisions and throw on the move when things break down, he’s legit. When he went out with a serious elbow injury I felt bad for him because he’s living a dream as such a longshot and I figured the setback would get him off track. He’s jumped right back into the saddle and is not giving up that job. Having a great team and good system helps. With that being said, I hope they crash and burn yet again, just not due to injury. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I have long been an advocate for single-game PPV.  I get most of the Packers games locally.  I don't need to pay for the ticket.  I also don't want to pay for cable, so I miss most MNF games.  My choices are:  Pay for cable or an ESPN streaming service.  Stream illegally.  Go to the bar.  Most of the time, on a Monday night, I choose option two.  Most streams also still show all the commercials, so my eyes are still on the ads.  But I would still pay 10-20 dollars for a single game.  I just don't want to have a huge cable bill, or subscribe to another streaming service.

Maybe it's because I'm not in the US but I have 2 plans to choose from:

• 43 / month for the whole season (172 total)
  • 18 for a single week

The second sounds like just what you want

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Yeah, I call BS on all options.

I am legit ready and willing to pay 500 a year to be able to watch only the Packer games. I do not have basic television, I don’t have cable. I find it absolute BS that if I pay for the Sunday Ticket I won’t be able to watch games that are on in my network when I don’t have those options anyway.

So heck with the NFL, I’ll just watch every game for free.

Morons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

Welcome to the NFL Restaurant! I’m your host, Roger. Let’s hug to celebrate your being here even though I don’t know you.

At this table the Dolphins meal is free but your server interrupts you for three minutes every five minutes.

At that table the Packers meal is free but your server interrupts for three minutes every five minutes to remind you “One call, that’s all!”

Oh, you can pay to enjoy the other meals as long as you buy ALL the other meals.

Please, sir! It is NOT a stupid policy! Last year we made 12 billion dollars so, respectfully, suck it!

That's fine.  If you dont want my money I'll still eat for free elsewhere.  It's not me that's leaving billions more on the table.   

Can someone catch me up on what the heck happened in Chicago?  I go fishing for one day and see that the DC resigned (not re-signed), supposedly his house was "raided" and so was the facility?  And somehow, a former Bear is an agent who alerted the team?

Just so much to unpack there.

Feels/sounds like a the DC was into some very sick sh.....  Authorities came for his computer as well as his work computer.

How does an agent have the authority to tip off the organization?

Then stuff is stolen from the stadium?

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Can someone catch me up on what the heck happened in Chicago?  I go fishing for one day and see that the DC resigned (not re-signed), supposedly his house was "raided" and so was the facility?  And somehow, a former Bear is an agent who alerted the team?

Feels/sounds like a the DC was into some very sick sh.....  Authorities came for his computer as well as his work computer.

eeh, lot of rampant speculation, and it could be more than smoke but maybe the guy is just sick

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

eeh, lot of rampant speculation, and it could be more than smoke but maybe the guy is just sick

Was anything confirmed about Tillman tipping off the coach/club?  

I mean, I get it, their DC could have been a sick dude.  Allegedly.

But how does an agent tip off some "raid" that is supposedly happening?  It isn't like he works in the federal government....oh wait.  Answered my own question.

14 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think you just got the rest of us caught up with your summary. 

Thanks 

Just now, vegas492 said:

Was anything confirmed about Tillman tipping off the coach/club?  

I mean, I get it, their DC could have been a sick dude.  Allegedly.

But how does an agent tip off some "raid" that is supposedly happening?  It isn't like he works in the federal government....oh wait.  Answered my own question.

yeah, idk.  Sounds pretty unlikely to me that he "tipped" anyone off

Maybe he was involved in some sort of case?  McAfee was saying that there was some FBI action.  Who the hell knows at this point

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

YouTube TV

I just cut the cord. Picked up Sunday Ticket, kept the local channels for local games along with basic cable. Broke even during Football season and save $95 a month during non football months. Assuming I don't choose to cancel after the Super Bowl.

4 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

Maybe it's because I'm not in the US but I have 2 plans to choose from:

• 43 / month for the whole season (172 total)
  • 18 for a single week

The second sounds like just what you want

Yes.  All I want is to pay for the MNF or TNF Packers game.  And maybe once per year, I may rather watch something like Chargers-Broncos instead of the Chiefs, as I am in their market too.  But I don't want to pay for the whole season, because I get like 15 of those over the air.