NFL News & Notes

Leader

Yall need to relax with the Rodgers hate. He's the greatest player to ever put on our uniform. The way he left was less than ideal but he was nothing but a stand up mentor for Love and has sang nothing but praises for Love and the team in general since being on the Jets. 

• Like 7

On 12/2/2023 at 12:48 PM, GangGreen420 said:

I’d say about half the Jets fans on this board are still behind Douglas, and TBH this forum has the most optimistic fans I’ve seen in the fan base. Douglas is a mid GM at best. Probably getting a lame duck year and then fired.

Just talking for myself, no one else.

I thought the Jets had the defense to be great if they had a real QB.

I thought the offensive line would be terrible for a QB like Rodgers.

Now I know you have just an amazing defense.  And Rodgers was not the QB for you given the state of that o-line.  Going all in should have meant upgrading that o-line.  Not signing Lazard, Cobb, Amos and Turner.

You weren't going to change how Rodgers played.  And that needed to change behind that line.

To me, Douglas caved to Rodgers' demands for his friends and it cost both him and the team.

Just my $.02.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Just talking for myself, no one else.

I thought the Jets had the defense to be great if they had a real QB.

I thought the offensive line would be terrible for a QB like Rodgers.

Now I know you have just an amazing defense.  And Rodgers was not the QB for you given the state of that o-line.  Going all in should have meant upgrading that o-line.  Not signing Lazard, Cobb, Amos and Turner.

You weren't going to change how Rodgers played.  And that needed to change behind that line.

To me, Douglas caved to Rodgers' demands for his friends and it cost both him and the team.

Just my $.02.

I didn’t want Aaron Rodgers 

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I didn’t want Aaron Rodgers 

Neither did I.  I was fine with him staying but I knew we had seen the best of him and he wasn't going to compete for anything here any longer.  He was more or less done with football and done with GB.

For your sake, I hope you draft a line and he's able to have another shot with that defense.  Cuz dang, that defense is amazing to watch.

3 hours ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Yall need to relax with the Rodgers hate. He's the greatest player to ever put on our uniform. The way he left was less than ideal but he was nothing but a stand up mentor for Love and has sang nothing but praises for Love and the team in general since being on the Jets. 

Other than wanting the best possible second round pick, I have no ill will towards him or the Jets. Sad Laz isn't killing it there as I've always liked him. 

Plenty happy with our situation, hope he and the Jets have a great season next year as it no longer has a bearing on our draft pick.

• Like 2

The Jets want to make a switch at QB. The team is leaning towards Zach Wilson to take over, but he is reluctant to stepping back in, sources tell @zackBlatt

and me. The team is discussing next steps. More on @theathletic shortly.

If that is at all accurate, I don't know how Saleh can keep Wilson in the locker room.  He's reluctant to step back in as the QB1?  That's a whole new level of dysfunction.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

".....he's reluctant to stepping back in......"  :)

I mean, if you're Zach Wilson, you pretty much have to understand that the Jets aren't going to be interested in grooming you to be the long term answer at QB.  They'd just be sending you out to die in a lost season and you'd really just like to move on and try to rebuild your career in a better situation (like when Trubisky went to be the backup for the Steelers.)

Wilson hasn't played well, sure, but I'm sure he has legitimate criticisms about how the Jets have gone about their business around him.

Edited by PossibleCabbage