NFL News & Notes

Leader

Maybe my opinion is tainted, but if I’m a Jets fan, I’m already sick of Rodgers speaking every week on McAfee about a team he can’t suit up for. Nothing he says about the Jets on that show is particularly helpful, and in fact talking about how mad he is about leaks from the organization seems actively detrimental to an already struggling franchise that could use less headlines. I would be sick of this guy and his faux-candid talks that only serve himself.

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean...Deebo had a good game, but not choosing Love for NFC Player of the Week after a 3 TD performance where he out-dueled the consensus No. 1 QB in the league and beat the defending champs is certainly a choice...

Look at that. Our little man is all grown up. JK winning awards

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Look at that. Our little man is all grown up. JK winning awards

Hopefully Anders can get a similar redemption arc (hopefully it’s already beginning). Whelan has been quietly doing some quality work for us along with his teams downing the ball pretty deep. Keep it going into the cold weather and he’s got himself a job for the foreseeable future. 

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'd like to be the first to wish McDermott well in his future endeavors, if in fact that post was true.

The sad reality is that you may be right, but so was his example. Poor example but still he was right. Hopefully people will see the truth not that he supports terror but that he used it as an example only. 

26 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Imagine the preparation and thought process McDermott went through before deciding, "yes, this is a good example to go with." 

I don't see the outrage?

Why shouldn't we examine "successful" terrorist attacks? I guarantee you that the people in charge of preventing this respect the perpetrators enough to ask real questions like this.

And why shouldn't it be used as an example? He obviously isn't condoning the intent. It's the task execution that's being examined.

I really can't respect people who feign outrage over stuff like this. Like, try to understand the point here, people.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't see the outrage?

Why shouldn't we examine "successful" terrorist attacks? I guarantee you that the people in charge of preventing this respect the perpetrators enough to ask real questions like this.

And why shouldn't it be used as an example? He obviously isn't condoning the intent. It's the task execution that's being examined.

I really can't respect people who feign outrage over stuff like this. Like, try to understand the point here, people.

There are literally 100's of other examples out there that could have been used.

Like maybe instead of talking about the attacks, talk about how the first responders had to react because of their duty and how they were trained?  That's the first one that comes to my head.

Believe what you want.  But what he said is a very bad look in my book, if in fact it was true.

• Like 1