NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, MacReady said:

@Packerraymond,

The Eagles should have traded Hurts.

The Eagles are ****ed! They kicked so much money down the road to be able to keep those guys together. Kelce is definitely retiring. It would not surprise me if Cox, Johnson and Graham also retired. 

No Cox and Johnson are not the same person. 

14 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Bullcrap .. us old guys in Wis. stomp on cancel culture whimps .. skeered my arse.

But make sure not to celebrate the stompin' by drinking Bud Light or being caught in Nike gear.  Theys too woke and need to be shut down.    

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

But make sure not to celebrate the stompin' by drinking Bud Light or being caught in Nike gear.  Theys too woke and need to be shut down.    

Adidas is worse than Nike now.  Never liked Bud Light but do like Chilada .. my consumption of it was cut down immensely.  To each their own but the cancel culture crap goes to the extreme for old guys like me.

59 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

I kind of sit back and watch the show with this stuff. When the six foot tall man comes to my garage sale with a blue jean mini skirt, a purse, and cute plastic barrettes in his beard I don’t think he’s confused. That guy knows exactly who he is. More power to him. As a demographic target, just advertise cute barrettes. He obviously doesn’t need the social affirmation of an ad campaign from barrette manufacturers saying that they stand proudly with bearded guys wearing mini skirts.

I loved the Bud Light fiasco not because I hated the man lady in the bathtub. She was having fun with her personalized can of beer. I am  rooting against people playing any game badly, and if you pi$$ off 70% of your core to grab .05% of the remainder you deserve catastrophic failure.

My wife works in grocery and you should have seen the un-offended Asians carting off the discounted Bud Light back in the weeks after. So we can’t say no one benefited from the kerfuffle.

The only problem I have with any shoe company is child labor, but I forgive that pretty quickly once I tie up those sweet new kicks. Little Bok Choi probably has a better quality of life than an American ten year old with peanut allergies being forced by stunningly good psychological manipulation to play Fortnite every waking minute he’s not strapped into a Chromebook at school.

TL/DR: The Packers seem good.

Edited by Uffdaswede
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

He obviously doesn’t need the social affirmation of an ad campaign from barrette manufacturers saying that they stand proudly with bearded guys wearing mini skirts.

It's kind of funny how fragile some of these manly men can get.... I was in a bathroom at a factory and they had " tactical wipes" which I'm pretty sure were just baby wipes in a camo container, because by God no REAL MAN uses something called a baby wipes when the TP ain't gettin' it done.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

It's kind of funny how fragile some of these manly men can get.... I was in a bathroom at a factory and they had " tactical wipes" which I'm pretty sure were just baby wipes in a camo container, because by God no REAL MAN uses something called a baby wipes when the TP ain't gettin' it done.

At the bar last night this guy started talking ball with me, and it quickly turned into a comp of how if peacock and the NFL think they are going to get fans to pay for playoff games the results would be worse than Jan 6th. I just go with the flow of course and keep bringing it back to ball. I don't think the problem in our current society is that people feel a certain way. It's that they endlessly feel the need to share how THEY feel expecting everyone to then agree or become an enemy. Pretty crazy, but I digress...

Go Pack Go! 

Edited by Toddfather

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

Pretty crazy, but I digress...

Go Pack Go! 

The streaming NFL part got dangerously close to football.

“I’ve paid my xx bucks a month to watch Ted Lasso, Reacher, Yellowstone spin offs and King of Tulsa. Why not playoff football?” says the frog as the water gets warmer. 

Ten years ago we would have been “Eff that!” But now most of us are off cable and we pick and choose streaming services anyway. I think I’d only be mad if the playoffs are totally split between a bunch of different pay platforms.

And THAT won’t happen for at least another…say two years.

And as far as January 6th, forty percent of us say it’s one thing, another forty percent of us say it’s another thing, and the twenty percent who don’t know it’s a thing select the next government for the rest of us.