NFL News & Notes

Leader

Olsen is really good at the job, despite what I felt has been a Niners bias (for some reason I cannot figure out) in these playoffs. Maybe it’s all in my head.

Anyways, I’d take him 100 times over having to listen to Brady once. 

Edited by Isherwood
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

“I knew very well what I was signing up for,” Olsen told The Athletic earlier this year. “I’ve always said I’m a big boy. I understand the rules of engagement. … All I can do is try to be as good as humanly possible and make it very difficult (for Fox Sports management). I’ve said to (Fox Sports executive producer) Brad Zager and (Fox Sports chairman) Eric Shanks kind of in jest and in humor over a beer — ‘I’m going to make it really hard on you guys.’ I’d be doing those guys a disservice and I’m doing myself and my team a disservice if I went into it half-assed that I’m just a placeholder until (Tom) Brady comes in and takes my spot. That’s not in anyone’s best interest.”

That's awesome. I wish more people had that kind of approach and outlook. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

Olsen is really good at the job, 

Anyways, I’d take him 100 times over having to listen to Brady once. 

Olsen is very good but you never know… Brady might be good at it too.  We won’t know until next season.  The lead analyst team can only do one game a week so we’ll still get the other combinations of analysts including Olsen.  

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Olsen is very good but you never know… Brady might be good at it too.  We won’t know until next season.  The lead analyst team can only do one game a week so we’ll still get the other combinations of analysts including Olsen.  

Even if he’s good at it, I will hate him for being good at another thing. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

We need a Swift/Kelce team in the booth. 

I hate being so easily triggered on this. I’m like a fainting goat on this issue. I don’t want to be so weak, but show Taylor Swift in the box and over I go.

They must blend new producers into the sports crews for the Super Bowl. For years the game has always added puffy nonsense for the viewers who watch exactly one game a year. This year sets up to be a Swift/Kelce goldmine for them and a lucid nightmare for me.

7 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I hate being so easily triggered on this. I’m like a fainting goat on this issue. I don’t want to be so weak, but show Taylor Swift in the box and over I go. They must blend new producers into the sports crews for the Super Bowl. For years the game has always added puffy nonsense for the viewers who watch exactly one game a year. This year sets up to be a Swift/Kelce goldmine for them and a lucid nightmare for me.

Here's the cure. You dont want to be weak. So dont be weak. Done.

24 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I just don't see any way that Swift isn't the SB halftime show a year from now.

Glorious! Travis can watch her from the box as she sings to all those Packers fans watching Love get his first chip.

• Like 1