NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

For the love of God, can Ullmark play free safety or what?  I can't take the suspense!

Big time zig when everyone else zags type of energy. They’ll never see it coming! TT looking down from a cloud somewhere and smiling. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

For the love of God, can Ullmark play free safety or what?  I can't take the suspense!

Dunno if I want a guy named Linus lining up at FS for my football team. Just doesn't sound right to me for some reason...

2 hours ago, Kampfgeist said:

Imagine a guy likes Simmons gets a 3 yr deal on paper that looks inflated but it's effectively a two yr deal with most guarantees coming yr 1-2

It's going to be a decent amount up front and I'm willing to bet someone else will off him a near premium 4 year deal. Lots of teams are looking for S.

Yikes.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/some-chiefs-dolphins-fans-who-attended-record-cold-playoff-game-now-need-amputations-per-report/

Thousands of fans endured record-cold temperatures and wind chills to watch the Kansas City Chiefs host the Miami Dolphins in the 2024 NFL playoffs. Now, some of them are facing potential amputations as a result of frostbite, according to Fox 4 News.

Dr. Megan L. Garcia, a general surgeon at Kansas City's Grossman Burn Center, told Fox 4 this week that 70% of the medical center's patients referred for frostbite injuries suffered at the January wild-card game are "being advised to schedule amputations." This comes months after Garcia indicated she'd already seen dozens of frostbitten patients as a result of the game's conditions.

7 hours ago, spilltray said:

I see him as a SS only so I'm less interested.

Packers cupboard is bare for safeties.   They should be interested in every available free agent safety out there and determine their value.  Doesn't matter SS or the other one .. they NEED bodies there and better ones than they had this year.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, spilltray said:

Well, I'm not really interested in anyone 30+ on anything more than a 1-2:year budget deal.

LOL .. that's you, not Gute.  Draft a decent safety, sign 2 others on a 1-2-3 year deal and move on.  Point being, they have to get safeties on this team so no stone should be unturned regardless if they don't interest you or not.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

LOL .. that's you, not Gute.  Draft a decent safety, sign 2 others on a 1-2-3 year deal and move on.  Point being, they have to get safeties on this team so no stone should be unturned regardless if they don't interest you or not.  

Ok but Gute has also been letting those guys go before their legs give out.

I don't think FA is really any less of a crap shoot than the draft, and when you talk about 30+ guys, the first half of the draft might actually be safer. I'm betting on 2 pics in the first 4 rounds, 1 FA with starting experience, and maybe 1-2 late round fliers our bargain basement type FA.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Packers cupboard is bare for safeties.   They should be interested in every available free agent safety out there and determine their value.  Doesn't matter SS or the other one .. they NEED bodies there and better ones than they had this year.

Just mentioned the same thing in the "look ahead" thread. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Ok but Gute has also been letting those guys go before their legs give out.

I don't think FA is really any less of a crap shoot than the draft, and when you talk about 30+ guys, the first half of the draft might actually be safer. I'm betting on 2 pics in the first 4 rounds, 1 FA with starting experience, and maybe 1-2 late round fliers our bargain basement type FA.

I think free agency is safer because you are dealing with veterans who have been in the league.  You've got actual pro film to review on them, and the fact that they are veterans shows that they can hack it in and NFL scenario.  The age and scheme fit can still be a problem,  but with most draft picks you are throwing a dart and hoping the player hits. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, spilltray said:

Most of them being released are either disappointing or aging out of the league. Xavier McKinney and Geno Stone are the only two I like as much as just resigning Savage.

are you kidding? 

there are so many better options available than Savage lmfao