NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Going by wAV, the only thing they have really missed on so far is some OL and Amon-Ra St. Brown.  He was taken 15th and currently ranks 12th. But that metric is not the end-all-be all.  That was a pretty bad QB draft. Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, and Justin Fields went before Mac Jones.  After Jones you have heavy-weights:  Kyle Trask, Kellen Mond, Davis Mills, Ian Book, and Sam Ehlinger.  I actually think that 2021 was a pretty poor draft overall.  Chiefs definitely cleaned up though.  It was a pretty good OL and WR class. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/draft.htm

The Packers highest ranked wAV player is Josh Myers, tied for 20th, with 20 points.  Our second best? Royce Newman with 14.  

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That was a pretty bad QB draft. Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, and Justin Fields went before Mac Jones.  After Jones you have heavy-weights:  Kyle Trask, Kellen Mond, Davis Mills, Ian Book, and Sam Ehlinger.  I actually think that 2021 was a pretty poor draft overall.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Leader said:

Jason McIntyre -   Mac Jones getting a 6th might mean Jets have to attach a pick to Zach Wilson to unload him.

:)

There are still Jets fans convinced they can get a day 2 pick for Wilson.

#leverage

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It really depends on if the team believes that Runyan is still an ascending player, or if he has peaked.  He is going to be 27 this season and has started 50 of 51 games the last three seasons.  In the very least, you have a relatively young player who has shown at least average guard play over a pretty good sample size.  I wonder if they also rank him highly because he is likely to be a good value if he hits all his marks? This seems like it could be a very good value signing for a team looking to bolster their offensive line.  

I mean, Lane Taylor signed a 3 year, $16.5M several years ago.  That seems like something that Runyan should reasonably be able to get.  The problem is there's just not enough quality OL in the league, and if you're halfway decent you're going to get paid.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, Lane Taylor signed a 3 year, $16.5M several years ago.  That seems like something that Runyan should reasonably be able to get.  The problem is there's just not enough quality OL in the league, and if you're halfway decent you're going to get paid.

I've seen Runyan rated among the top 20 free agents on the market in more than one location .. he's going to get some really solid offers.

Adam Schefter -  Nine-time Pro-Bowl QB and former Super-Bowl champ Russell Wilson plans to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Wilson will sign a team-friendly, one-year deal in which the Broncos will wind up paying $38 million of his salary while Wilson wears the black and yellow.