NFL News & Notes

Leader

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Is that the JT O'Sullivan cycle?

Actually I forgot Tonyan was actually signed by the Lions as an UDFA in 2017 but never played a regular season game for them.

18 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Actually I forgot Tonyan was actually signed by the Lions as an UDFA in 2017 but never played a regular season game for them.

I was gong to say, he started with Detroit. It mad it that much sweeter when we turned him into a solid contributor. Injury at the worst time kept him from getting a midlevel contract which is lottery money for most people. He’s still done well for himself staying in he League this long mans he’s definitely beat the odds. Will have a great jersey collection of NFCN teams. 

15 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yes, I'm sure the:

• 6'4
  • 85th percentile facial symmetry
  • Strong hair (both head and facial)
  • 11ish percent body fat
  • Engineering Degree from Georgia Tech
  • NFL Athlete
  • 2nd best FG% in NFL History
  • Multi Millionare
  • Happily Married
  • Loving Father

is insecure in his masculinity. 

That math checks out. 

This is awesome well posted. 

13 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

not sure tonyan will make it out of camp guys

Guy really made his nut off one season of scoring TDs and running around on broken plays.  Good for him

It probably depends on how healthy he is.  The non-Hockenson TEs on the roster combined for about 400 yards and 3 TDs last season.  They also have UDFA Trey Knox.  I can't speak to their blocking ability, and I know that Tonyan's isn't superb, but their career receiving numbers are lower than Tonyan's.  

You are probably correct, he likely is out.  But it isn't TOO far fetched to say that he at least has a shot.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I've found gender-based stuff is easy to debunk by simply reversing the gender roles. Imagine Mrs. Butker, a very successful career woman, giving that speech and saying how Mr. Butker was delighted to stay at home and be a teacher to her children and homemaker, and that was an important key to her success. Would Mr. Butker be OK with that? I don't think so. More to the point, football would have been deprived of an excellent kicker. If any of the young women listening to Butker take his implied advice and choose to forego a career, how many scientists, doctors, political leaders, etc. will we be deprived of? And furthermore, it's all rightwing BS. I've known many successful career women (including my daughter-in-law) who are perfectly capable of creating successful careers while being outstanding wives and mothers. One of the things I'm most proud of my son for is his sharing of family responsibilities while he develops his career. And it hasn't held him back as he produced the Apple NFL halftime video of Usher. Butker's crap is simply about controlling women.

Edited by PACKRULE
delete double post

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Wondering if anybody watched the Podcast with Rodgers and Tucker Carlson. I don't think there is a bigger critic of Rogers on this board than me. 

Whether I agree with the things he said or not during this podcast, Rodgers is extremely well-read individual. It was entertaining. 

I especially enjoyed when Rogers called the NFL out a few times. 

That maybe is the 2nd or 3rd most insufferable duo to have a conversation I have ever heard of. 

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Six prime-time games for the Jets?  Another early Rodgers injury confirmed.

The most fitting ending to Rodgers' career would be Green Bay beating the Jets in the Super Bowl. We win because Rodgers finally threw over the middle and it gets intercepted. 

Posted (edited)

I don't really care about Rodgers right now. I don't have any ill wishes for him, but I am enjoying the break from him being our QB. We won the trade, and now I'm excited to focus on Love until we welcome Rodge back to The HOF and our HOF. 

Edited by Toddfather
  • Like 2