NFL News & Notes

Leader

On 5/20/2024 at 9:25 PM, Refugee said:

Usually before I make any major life decisions I think to myself, “Self, how will this affect weirder college football games and potentially cruciferous vegetables?”

Upvoted for the best use of “cruciferous” this week. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

It seems like the NFL is just choosing where to hold drafts based off of where I'd personally least like to spend a weekend now. So let me be the first to offer congratulations to Buffalo on getting to host the 2027 draft. 

Pittsburgh is amazing for a weekend

47 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Pittsburgh is amazing for a weekend

I sure it's a wonderful place and I'd be able to have a great time but it's probably the only NFL city I couldn't think of literally anything to be "excited" about. If someone were to tell me they they were visiting any other NFL city I could off the top of my head come up with something or somewhere that place is super proud of even if I think it sucks to feign interest. Pittsburgh just draws a complete blank.

38 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

I sure it's a wonderful place and I'd be able to have a great time but it's probably the only NFL city I couldn't think of literally anything to be "excited" about. If someone were to tell me they they were visiting any other NFL city I could off the top of my head come up with something or somewhere that place is super proud of even if I think it sucks to feign interest. Pittsburgh just draws a complete blank.

Jacksonville.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

This makes me recall when a young man delighted a mixed group of us at a Beni Hana style restaurant with his chopping, cutting, flipping culinary showmanship. The kid was good. Enough so that one enthusiast matron at our table wanted to know where he had learned his craft.

His English was poor. She had to ask several times until it dawned on him what she was asking.

“Pittsburgh!” he said.

37 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Jacksonville.  

All the Florida ones are easy....

"The weather should be really nice." "You gonna hit up the beach while you're there?" "They've got some great seafood down there."

15 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

My brother and I went to our opener there a few years back. We didn't do much in the city but the stadium has some pretty views.

It's not Miami or Daytona, but a good time can be had in Jacksonville Beach.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 12:13 PM, wgbeethree said:

It seems like the NFL is just choosing where to hold drafts based off of where I'd personally least like to spend a weekend now. So let me be the first to offer congratulations to Buffalo on getting to host the 2027 draft. 

… New Jersey, Baltimore, Los Angeles, Detroit, Philly. 

3 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

… New Jersey, Baltimore, Los Angeles, Detroit, Philly. 

Super easy again...

NJ= really NYC and every single food/nightlife option imaginable, everything is famous

Baltimore= crab/old bay and fells point

LA = weather/beaches and every single food/nightlife option plus everything is famous

Detroit= home of ICP "whoot whoot(maybe whoop whoop?)"/the point of my joke

Philly= cheese steaks/South St/history

I'm pretty sure the preference for "where to put the draft" is to give priority to cities that aren't going to be hosting superbowls.

So you'll see them in Detroit, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Chicago, etc. because they're not putting Superbowls there.

• Like 1