NFL News & Notes

Leader

Just now, TheOnlyThing said:

There is so much revisionist history/deception going on with respect to the Randall trade, it is hard to know where to begin.

In literally all of your post you don't even go anywhere. 

Finally, Randall is now being referred to as, at the time of the trade, “the team’s best defensive back.” (Emphasis added).

Defensive back? Is Adrian Amos a DB, or is he a Safety? Was HHCD a DB? How about Kevin King? Always thought he was a cornerback.

What the **** are you even on about here? 

Randall was the best defensive back on the roster at the time we traded him.

Clinton-Dix, Burnett, Donatello Brown, Mawin Evans, Josh Hawkins, Davon House, Josh Jones, Lenzy Pipins, Jermaine Whitehead, Kentrell Brice, Demetri Goodson, Quinten Rollins, Kevin King.  Those were our defensive backs when we traded Randall.  He's better than literally every single one of them with the possible exception of King.  King has never been graded as highly as Randall's worst season.  Randall was a better safety than any of our safeties and a better corner than any of our corners, so how TF you think he wasn't our best defensive back? 

The notion that the plan was for Randall to move to Safety in Green Bay (as he was moved and where he flourished in Cleveland) is ludicrous.

Literally nobody is arguing this.  WTF are you on about?  Even though nobody is arguing this, you can't sit there and tell me that Pettine wouldn't have considered the position switch for Randall. 

As far as the rest of your post, you need to learn about hyperbole.  If you haven't caught on to mine yet, where have you been? 

17 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

In all your hatred for Randall you failed to realize that for three years we played Randall, who played safety/slot at ASU, at boundary corner? 

No wonder you blindly hate him.  I bet you never thought to question what it's like to play boundary corner with a groin injury, either. 

The hate of Damarious Randall is so profound here that everybody except for Norm and I and I think AG20 deserve to have lost a player with his cover and ball skills.

No, I hadn't heard that he was really a safety.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

In literally all of your post you don't even go anywhere. 

What the **** are you even on about here? 

Randall was the best defensive back on the roster at the time we traded him.

Clinton-Dix, Burnett, Donatello Brown, Mawin Evans, Josh Hawkins, Davon House, Josh Jones, Lenzy Pipins, Jermaine Whitehead, Kentrell Brice, Demetri Goodson, Quinten Rollins, Kevin King.  Those were our defensive backs when we traded Randall.  He's better than literally every single one of them with the possible exception of King.  King has never been graded as highly as Randall's worst season.  Randall was a better safety than any of our safeties and a better corner than any of our corners, so how TF you think he wasn't our best defensive back? 

Literally nobody is arguing this.  WTF are you on about?  Even though nobody is arguing this, you can't sit there and tell me that Pettine wouldn't have considered the position switch for Randall. 

As far as the rest of your post, you need to learn about hyperbole.  If you haven't caught on to mine yet, where have you been? 

He knows it's hyperbole. He's just trying to ruffle feathers, like always 

Randall was legit my favorite player on the team when we traded him.  Well probably second favorite after Matthews.  He was the only player on our entire defense with an ounce of swagger, and he was a ballhawk.  The way he played through his injuries and the plays he made when he was allowed to play zone and deep coverage was amazing.  

He was also incredible at making timely and HUGE plays.  

Most of his interceptions came at crucial moments in games.  Especially his pick six against Dallas the GAME after he was kept in the locker.  

It’s just a shame Packer fans treat him so poorly.  I’m still a fan of his, and I hate that he’s gone.

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

Man I never thought I'd say this but all the Randall talk makes me wish we could bring up how we should have drafted TJ Watt more.

Lol nooooo. Little surprised we haven't talked about that more this off season. Hardly came up it seemed like.

Just now, Norm said:

Lol nooooo. Little surprised we haven't talked about that more this off season. Hardly came up it seemed like.

Because Kevin King isn't injured yet and TJ Watt hasn't had 6 sacks in a game against a fourth string left tackle protecting... DESHAUN ****ING KIZER!