NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Admit it was a bad trade in principle and in practice and I drop this forever.

"Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9.........."

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't get it. 

You've been saying the same thing - in different formats, lengths and FONTS - since who knows how long now.
Say your peace. Make your point. Move on. Otherwise, you're doing nothing but repeating yourself. Again and again and again and again....

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Randall was legit my favorite player on the team when we traded him.  Well probably second favorite after Matthews.  He was the only player on our entire defense with an ounce of swagger, and he was a ballhawk.  The way he played through his injuries and the plays he made when he was allowed to play zone and deep coverage was amazing.  

He was also incredible at making timely and HUGE plays.  

Most of his interceptions came at crucial moments in games.  Especially his pick six against Dallas the GAME after he was kept in the locker.  

It’s just a shame Packer fans treat him so poorly.  I’m still a fan of his, and I hate that he’s gone.

I was pretty excited about Randall too. My wife bought me his jersey. It sucks seeing a situation unfold like it did. Regardless of who was to blame and who wanted who out; what would’ve happened if he stayed or what has happened since he left, Randall’s not here anymore. I’m sorry I trolled you a few times about this. I’ll just go back to ignoring this discussion anytime it pops up.

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Shortly after Randall was traded, he posted a Tweet saying, "I'm Free."  He capitalized the Free.  It was a double-entendre after he found out that he was going to be playing Free safety. 

Wow, you are going to really endlessly bellyache about this- what a colossal waste of time.

It reminds me of my dad drowning on about the John Hadl trade for about twenty years. The difference between the two trades is that the hadl trade truly did stink. It hurt the Packers for many years.

The Randall trade was the Packers selling short to dump an A-hole. The Packers then took the money saved on the Randal trade (2019 contract) and leverged it into a better asset (Amos). That's a net positive for the Packers.

Gute gets no credit for trading Randall for a player who turned out to be worthless in Kizer, but to blame him solely for the organization being forced into a position of having to trade Randall is revisionist history designed to absolve the culprits principally responsible for the fiasco.-The Only Thing

@Norm and I have had this conversation many times.  We weren't opposed to the Randall trade.  His time here had run out.  Despite his talent...and no matter what you want to say about Randall, the ball found him and he didn't drop it.  He's just one of those guys.  And the issue was the return on Randall.  Label him a corner or a safety, the fact remains that he had value in the league and we took a QB who was garbage.  Sorry to those who thought and may still think that Kizer has talent, but he's garbage in this league.  Whatever talent he had died on the field when he played for the Browns.  I would have preferred someone at any position that could have helped us.  

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

@Norm and I have had this conversation many times.  We weren't opposed to the Randall trade.  His time here had run out.  Despite his talent...and no matter what you want to say about Randall, the ball found him and he didn't drop it.  He's just one of those guys.  And the issue was the return on Randall.  Label him a corner or a safety, the fact remains that he had value in the league and we took a QB who was garbage.  Sorry to those who thought and may still think that Kizer has talent, but he's garbage in this league.  Whatever talent he had died on the field when he played for the Browns.  I would have preferred someone at any position that could have helped us.  

I was one who thought Kizer had/has talent, it was just never enough to outweigh his ability to **** it up with a terrible throw or fumble.  Some game changing play that allowed him to LOSE the game. 

What I would like to acknowledge is that Gute made the trade AND had the kahunas to man up and cut Kizer.  No GM is going to make perfect decisions, but if TT would have made that trade?  Kizer would still be on the roster today, because TT would have had to 'develop' him.  Kudos to Gute for cutting bait and moving on.

Hopefully in the not too distant future (4 games?) we'll be thankful that we were in a position to get Amos and Savage as our Safeties allowing Alexander and King to become the shutdown corners they were drafted to be.  Good luck to Kizer and Randall, except when they play us.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I was one who thought Kizer had/has talent, it was just never enough to outweigh his ability to **** it up with a terrible throw or fumble.  Some game changing play that allowed him to LOSE the game. 

What I would like to acknowledge is that Gute made the trade AND had the kahunas to man up and cut Kizer.  No GM is going to make perfect decisions, but if TT would have made that trade?  Kizer would still be on the roster today, because TT would have had to 'develop' him.  Kudos to Gute for cutting bait and moving on.

Hopefully in the not too distant future (4 games?) we'll be thankful that we were in a position to get Amos and Savage as our Safeties allowing Alexander and King to become the shutdown corners they were drafted to be.  Good luck to Kizer and Randall, except when they play us.

That bolded part was/is key.  Agree 100% about owning up to something that wasn't working out and moving forward.