NFL News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, Howler said:

An anonymous AFC scout said the following. Let's hope he's wrong... Is this guy just mouthing off or does he actually know our personnel?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2851960-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-nfl-insiders-takes-on-every-team-before-kickoff

This guy also just said Cohen would have a bigger impact than Mack. Ok.

21 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

What we all projected for Graham?  I was the only one here saying he wouldn’t have an impact in his first season and everyone thought I was crazy and now I’m the only one thinking he’ll have a good second year with Rodgers.

No you're not. I don't know why you always think you have some Nostradamus prophecies no one else can see lol. Thinking Graham and MVS are going to have a good year with one of the best QBs ever to play isn't radical.

19 hours ago, festiveonion said:

What's 'good' to you?

He's not going to eclipse 1000 yards but 8 TD is a good season and I think that's totally possible. 

Is that enough for people to quit questioning the contract? Meh. Different discussion.

Check out his career stats.  Couple years are HOLY CRAP amazing.

He's had 2 1,000+ yard seasons in 9 tries.  That includes a rookie season and a season lost due to injury.  Was north of 900 yards two more times.

The guy has 1,000 yard type talent.  At least he did.  Last year he looked a little slow to me, but if he's healthy and acclimated with #12...well...we shall see.

He's certainly got the talent.  Realistically, though, I'll take his last 3 year average, and hope to see his career average.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter:  The Next Chapter: Antonio Brown and GM Mike Mayock got into it Wednesday, and the team is now planning to suspend its star wide receiver, league sources tell ESPN.

Adam Schefter: Antonio Brown posted the fine letter on social media that Raiders’ GM Mike Mayock sent him. It led to an exchange, which is now leading to further discipline. This is not going away anytime soon.

Lots of people who called me stupid for not wanting to send a third round pick for Antonio Brown are in hiding right now. 

I don't even think Jerry Rice is worth this crap.  Thankfully, Jerry Rice was a great human in addition to being a great player.  The only receiver ever worth a top 20 pick in the NFL draft.  Ever. 

@Packerraymond, @CWood21.  Game Day Thread.

• Like 1

Andy Herman: I don’t think people quite understand the addition by subtraction the Steelers franchise will have by moving on from AB & the Le’Veon Bell saga. And having James Connor & Juju to lead the way doesn’t hurt either. Way less drama, way better team.

Zach Kruse: Antonio Brown isn't going to play a single game for the Raiders, is he?

Adam Schefter:  Hard Knocks left town just a couple days early....

Ian Rapoport: Raiders WR Antonio Brown and GM Mike Mayock got into it earlier this week, and it got ugly. Mayock clearly frustrated with AB posting his fine letter on Instagram. And now, a suspension for conduct detrimental could mean losing $30M in guaranteed money.

46 minutes ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter:  The Next Chapter: Antonio Brown and GM Mike Mayock got into it Wednesday, and the team is now planning to suspend its star wide receiver, league sources tell ESPN.

42 minutes ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter: Antonio Brown posted the fine letter on social media that Raiders’ GM Mike Mayock sent him. It led to an exchange, which is now leading to further discipline. This is not going away anytime soon.

28 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yah, it's fun to watch....from afar!!!

A suspension for conduct detrimental to the team could cost AB 30 million in guaranteed money. 

AB has mental issues and needs help! It's quite obvious. 

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

A suspension for conduct detrimental to the team could cost AB 30 million in guaranteed money. 

AB has mental issues and needs help! It's quite obvious. 

Mike Tannenbaum:  The significance of a suspension is that it would void (assuming normal contract language) his $29,125,000 in contract guarantees. However, if he's on the Active Roster on opening day his $14,625,000 '19 salary becomes guaranteed because he's a Veteran. They could suspend him and then release him and then they would owe him nothing in terms of guaranteed money. The Raiders in all likelihood would try to recoup their $1,000,000 signing bonus as well.

• Like 1

Ian Rapoport:  More on Raiders WR Antonio Brown and Mike Mayock yesterday: It did not get physical, sources say. But after a screaming match, Brown told Mayock that he would hit him in the face and then punted the ball… and said, Fine me for that.