NFL News & Notes

Leader

37 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah, yeah it was. 

Yeah... now that we have the final results. In the moment... they had an opinion on a prospect they were high on, specifically QBs. Those prospect are worth their weight in gold. Their opinion was wrong on him.

No worse than making a bad pick. Happens all the time in sports. They lost a mid range safety. We now have a young prospect they hope will be a superstar and a savvy veteran that will be consistent. Honestly we are better purely from just not settling for Randall and by extension Haha... so I’d call it good, if nothing else it lead to where we are now.

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Goodbye McVay.  Goodbye, Rams.  Lol, my God.  If you’re going to make the mistake of overpaying a QB, at least do it for a good one first.

Well, I think the positions become overpaid as it is - but this was the last year of his rookie deal no? So they had to do something and counting on the cap going up / extending him was probably better than the 5th year option plus possible FTs.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Yeah... now that we have the final results. In the moment... they had an opinion on a prospect they were high on, specifically QBs. Those prospect are worth their weight in gold. Their opinion was wrong on him.

No worse than making a bad pick. Happens all the time in sports. They lost a mid range safety. We now have a young prospect they hope will be a superstar and a savvy veteran that will be consistent. Honestly we are better purely from just not settling for Randall and by extension Haha... so I’d call it good, if nothing else it lead to where we are now.

1. When did we start judging moves on their intentions? I get we're all pulling for the new guy, but consistency is key here.

2. We have no guarantee at all that Savage can actually play. We may very well have moved on from Randall for Michael Huff

3. Getting bodies in free agency doesn't cancel out a bad trade. The trade could have been made for a different piece that would have added value if you're a hard believer in the needed to get treated camp.