Leader

Just now, Leader said:

"We didn't start the fire...
It was always burning...
Since the world's been turning....."

Damarious Randall gone today, Brian Gute Better Pay
Morgan Burnett And AlsoHaHa Clinton-Dix
Both screwed Randall, So did Capers, Gute had to pay, television
North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I KNOW YOU'RE TROLLING ME BUT WATCH THE ****ING PLAY!  THAT WAS 100% ON BURNETT!  YOU CANNOT TELL ME OTHERWISE!  BURNETT LITERALLY SIGNALS TO RANDALL SECONDS BEFORE THE PLAY AND RANDALL GOES TO THE CENTER OF THE FIELD AND BURNETT COMPLETELY SCREWED RANDALL AND RANDALL GETS ALL THE BLAME!

It's literally the veteran crap that goes on at every single job.  The new employee gets told to do something and then gets the blame even though the senior employee told them to do the wrong thing. 

Is this Stupid World where everybody decides to neglect the fact that everybody wanted ACCOUNTABILITY on defense but also want Randall gone because he tried to hold veterans accountable? 

I never thought about the fact Randall always had to play corner here even though I'm sure he knew it wasn't his best spot. I don't think he ever said anything that I remember? People just didn't like that pick from the get go. That doesn't help any. 

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I never thought about the fact Randall always had to play corner here even though I'm sure he knew it wasn't his best spot. I don't think he ever said anything that I remember? People just didn't like that pick from the get go. That doesn't help any. 

We played him out of position?

Just now, deathstar said:

We played him out of position?

In all your hatred for Randall you failed to realize that for three years we played Randall, who played safety/slot at ASU, at boundary corner? 

No wonder you blindly hate him.  I bet you never thought to question what it's like to play boundary corner with a groin injury, either. 

The hate of Damarious Randall is so profound here that everybody except for Norm and I and I think AG20 deserve to have lost a player with his cover and ball skills.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

In all your hatred for Randall you failed to realize that for three years we played Randall, who played safety/slot at ASU, at boundary corner? 

No wonder you blindly hate him.  I bet you never thought to question what it's like to play boundary corner with a groin injury, either. 

The hate of Damarious Randall is so profound here that everybody except for Norm and I and I think AG20 deserve to have lost a player with his cover and ball skills.

Our punishment is getting to watch a secondary of Jaire Alexander, Kevin King, Tony Brown, Adrian Amos, Darnell Savage and Tramon Williams. 

How will we ever recover?

I don't even like Randall all that much. Like not as much as Outpost. 

You have had people saying for ages, the real crime wasn't the trade, it was how he was used. Now we need to debate if that's true? I thought we all agreed on that?

Just now, Norm said:

Shortly after Randall was traded, he posted a Tweet saying, "I'm Free."  He capitalized the Free.  It was a double-entendre after he found out that he was going to be playing Free safety.  Randall knew damn well that he was being played out of position and you have to think that he isn't too pleased with the Packers organization for playing him out of position or too pleased with Packer fans giving him relentless crap his whole time here.

The man was playing out of position with groin injuries for all of 2016 and most of 2017 with Clay Matthews and Nick Perry and whoever TF else we had as pass rushers and whoever TF we had at safety and whoever TF we had at corner opposite him with Dom Capers as the defensive coordinator and he was still graded between 75-86 on PFF (not worth a lot, but worth more than people act like it is). 

That's why I get so frustrated.  Like, lol, **** you good player, I don't like you because you're not elite. 

I also got frustrated with the way Matthews was treated last year.  He's a finesse pass rusher at 30 years old expected to be a power rusher in Pettine's system with literally no help opposite him and he sucks and is a bum.

And yet here you have Aaron Rodgers literally refusing to throw to wide open receivers because he doesn't trust them and literally setting an NFL record for throwaways and he's a god. 

• Like 1

There is so much revisionist history/deception going on with respect to the Randall trade, it is hard to know where to begin.

For example, one point of contention now appears to be that we should discount or ignore altogether the reports that former Coach McCarthy’s veteran’s counsel wanted Randall cut during the 2017 season because none of the veterans who wanted Randall gone are now with the team and literally EVERYBODY wanted each and every one of those veterans gone.

A closer look at that contention reveals it to be poppycock.

Randall was traded on March 9, 2018.

The veteran’s committee allegedly wanted Randall gone during the 2017 season.

The argument that the opinions of these veterans should be discounted because everyone on this board wanted those veterans gone prior to March 9, 2018 anyway is demonstrably false.

For example, supposedly “Literally everyone here wanted Perry gone.” (Bold in original). Assuming this a reference to former Packer Nick Perry, the contention is that literally everyone here wanted Perry gone before Randall was traded to the Brows.

However, the record reveals that Perry was voted the #2 most important Packer defender heading into the 2018 season (that is, after Randall was long gone). Take a look at the thread below that likewise contains many positive comments about Clay and HHCD despite “Literally everyone here” supposedly wanting them to be gone prior to the start of the 2018 season.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/11039-3rd-most-important-gb-defensive-player-for-2018-season/

Even more puzzling is the revisionist history regarding the role former head coach Mike McCarthy played in the Randall debacle.

The notion that “Literally everyone here wanted McCarthy gone” is equally laughable and untrue. Indeed, Mac’s fans continue to lurk and will no doubt be pouncing on every questionable decision coach LaFleur makes this season to demonstrate that the Pack made a mistake in moving on from such a “great” coach.

In any event, the franchise made the decision to retain McCarthy for the 2018 season. And it cannot be emphasized enough that in January of 2018 (long after the Bears game, any veteran’s committee recommendations, and in a very rare move for him) McCarthy publicly chastised Randall (“I told Damarious. He needs to focus on himself. He’s got to clean his own house)” because Randall (correctly and) publicly criticized Mac’s long, long-time defensive coordinator Dom Capers. The evidence of friction between Mac and Randall is clear and convincing.

Finally, Randall is now being referred to as, at the time of the trade, “the team’s best defensive back.” (Emphasis added).

Defensive back? Is Adrian Amos a DB, or is he a Safety? Was HHCD a DB? How about Kevin King? Always thought he was a cornerback.

Words have meaning, and they certainly do in this context.

It is deceptive, at best, to refer to Damarious Randall as a Packer “defensive back” when the former GM drafted him to play CORNERBACK, Capers played him at CORNERBACK for 3 years, and McCarthy never once indicated that he believed Randall should have played Safety.

The notion that the plan was for Randall to move to Safety in Green Bay (as he was moved and where he flourished in Cleveland) is ludicrous.

The former GM did not use a 1st round pick in 2014 on HHCD and a 2nd round pick on Josh Jones with a plan to move Randall to Safety in 2018.

The Randall situation was a SNAFU that punctuated the organizational dysfunction of the last several seasons of the prior regime.

Gute gets no credit for trading Randall for a player who turned out to be worthless in Kizer, but to blame him solely for the organization being forced into a position of having to trade Randall is revisionist history designed to absolve the culprits principally responsible for the fiasco.

PS Kudos to Dorsey (and Wolf and Highsmith if they played a role) in fleecing an organization out of a talented player whose tenure with that other organization had become untenable due to poor management and coaching and kudos to Randall for, like Hayward and Hyde before him, taking advantage of the opportunity to get the H out of a bad situation and prosper in a new one.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The hate of Precarious Sandal is so profound here that everybody except for Norm and I and I think AG20 deserve to have lost a player with his cover and ball skills.

FIFY

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Our punishment is getting to watch a secondary of Jaire Alexander, Kevin King, Tony Brown, Adrian Amos, Darnell Savage and Tramon Williams. 

How will we ever recover?

Lol.  Imagine if we'd gotten rid of the veteran committee that allegedly wanted him gone as well as the head coach who definitely wanted him gone the same year we got rid of the defensive coordinator who wanted him gone and we ended up with a secondary of:

Alexander, King, Randall, Brown, Amos/Savage/Randall at safety and Tramon Williams as depth. 

You're not going to convince me that this secondary is better without Randall or that we in any way improved by trading Randall. 

It turned out well.  I can admit that.  I like our secondary right now.  If it took a bad trade to get there, so be it. 

But what will you be saying if Savage busts and King gets hurt again?

Alexander and Tony Brown doesn't inspire all that much confidence, does it? 

I don't know why you're holding onto your refusal to admit it was a bad trade.  Admit it was a bad trade.  In principle, and in practice.