NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/espn-report-patriots-spygate-scandal-2015-9 

Leader, 

Here is a good read for you! The Patriots were/are cheaters to the core! 

Why did Goodell destroy all the tapes and notes associated with that saga? It really makes you think about the so-called integrity of the NFL, when they never really had any.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfman said:

Read the article I posted. It was recanted because the NFL wanted to cover it up as quickly as possible. There was systematic cheating for years. NFL found out about it, found the evidence but had already "punished" them so they brushed it aside. 

Correct. The ends justifies the means. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Even one of the lead investigators was shocked how quickly Goodell disposed of the evidence, without allowing the proper review process to ensue . But it was purely about protecting the NFL, it's sponsors, the owners and most importantly, it's revenue stream.

Edited by Howler

29 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I remember way back nine hours ago when several folks in this forum said AB will never get picked up by another team.  Crazy times...nine hours ago.

I was one of them or maybe posted that. My mind was blown when it happened. I thought it might and thought it would be a terrible move from whichever team that grabbed him. I was wrong. 

Hunt and Hill are still in the league though so why should this have shocked me.

Again as I posted earlier though I am glad our team stays out of this kind of crap. If we did this stuff regularly I would not be a GBP fan and would stick to NHL. 

12 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

I was one of them or maybe posted that. My mind was blown when it happened. I thought it might and thought it would be a terrible move from whichever team that grabbed him. I was wrong. 

Hunt and Hill are still in the league though so why should this have shocked me.

Again as I posted earlier though I am glad our team stays out of this kind of crap. If we did this stuff regularly I would not be a GBP fan and would stick to NHL. 

Props to you.  It’s because guys like Hunt, Hill and Hardy, etc. got second or third chances that I knew AB would also, and I was actually surprised when I saw folks actually thinking or believing that an uber talented guy like AB (in spite of his proven antics) wouldn’t also get a third chance. 

I don’t know (or even think) that AB would’ve fit in with GB but I was reasonably sure he wasn’t coming here anyways.  All signs pointed to the Patriots even before he was released.  Nothing that happens in the NFL surprises me anymore, TBH.

Edited by Sasquatch

10 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Kiddos for responding and admitting that.  It’s because guys like Hunt, Hill and Hardy, etc. got second or third chances that I knew AB would also, and I was actually surprised when I saw folks actually thinking or believing that an uber talented guy like AB (in spite of his proven antics) wouldn’t also get a third chance. 

I don’t know (or even think) that AB would’ve fit in with GB but I was reasonably sure he wasn’t coming here anyways.  All signs pointed to the Patriots even before he was released.  Nothing that happens in the NFL surprises me anymore, TBH.

Yeah they are a vet team vets won’t grt distracted by his crap. A team comprised of 26 and unders would have issues I think. Thanks. 

Ian Rapoport: Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr, who took the field with $350K Richard Mille watch, violated a league rule prohibiting hard objects, I’m told. (There is no rule against jewelry.) The league will address it with him and the team, but that’s likely as far as it goes.

<Who wears a watch playing football?>

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport: Browns WR Odell Beckham Jr, who took the field with $350K Richard Mille watch, violated a league rule prohibiting hard objects, I’m told. (There is no rule against jewelry.) The league will address it with him and the team, but that’s likely as far as it goes.

<Who wears a watch playing football?>

A player who just got paid a ton of money from the watch company to wear it for publicity?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm way past sick as **** hearing about Dak and other Cowboy stuff. They're like a nightmare headline that refuses to go away and is constantly stalking me. Who gives a **** about the endless details and nuances of Cowboy World?

Ironic that your two posts right before this were about AB and Odell. 

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Ironic that your two posts right before this were about AB and Odell. 

The media's been KILLING Cowboy **** on a daily basis for a dogs age. Its a "headline" that never goes away - just changes with the day of the week - even when the story itself has no more new developments. Relatively speaking, OBJs been relegated to the Classified Section and ABs been a recent "above the fold" add - but - since he's joined the NE parade (read: BB, TB and all things associated with these GOATs.....) - they'll be pounding his story out just as hard. The actual news will probably die down (maybe / maybe not.....) - but they'll be pounding it none the less.